I have been wondering something about my wife's conditions. She is 45 years old and she has problems with bell's palsy. Actually, she has a theory that in her case of bell's palsy stress was responsible for her troubles. Can that happen? Doctor said that symptoms should pass within couple of weeks, but can they return?

I assume that you know what are the main characteristics of Bell's palsy – inability to move one side of the face (due to damaged VII cranial nerve). If there is un underlying cause, it can be tumor, stroke, diabetes, meningitis, head trauma etc. These conditions might have Bell's palsy as a side effect. As for stress, I cannot say if it is related with BP, I do not think so, but still, regardless of BP, she must try to be more relaxed and not to worry that much.

Keen, I don't know where you get your info.Stress is the main reason for Bell's Palsey.I have been suffering a few weeks now and went thru the whole steroid regiment.I still have head pain and my whole body feels bruised.My drooping mouth is better but relapses when tired or stressed.If you Google or Bing the condition it will be Stress that you see first in any query. I am trying to reduce my levels of stress in hopes that it will ease the pain in my body. They only gave me a 20 pill count on pain meds and Ibuprofen(IE:Advil,etc.) just isn't cutting it.They have NO IDEA what causes the condition and are assuming that it is a neuro virus.