I have problems with facial nerve inflammation. It is caused by lyme disease. At least that was diagnosed by doctors who had examined me. I have Bell's palsy syndrome. My face is looking like drooped sack, the right side of course. I had it for two weeks. I wonder can it be recurrent. How often is that if it is possible?

Yes, that disease can be recurrent. But don't worry it is very rare condition. There is some research that shows that only about 7% of people with Bell's palsy syndrome have this "luck" to get it again. Disease tends to get back in intervals of 10 years. It may run in families like diabetes, for instance.

I am currently suffering from my fifth bout of Bells Palsy. I have had it four times on the left side, once on the right. I'm told this is highly unusual. Unfortunately my doctors have no answers for me on what causes it, they basically just shrug their shoulders. The only consistent thing that I can possibly link to my re-occurrence of Bells Palsy transcription. At times my job requires that transcribe recordings for several hours at a time. I never had BP prior to transcription. While in one particular job I was constantly doing transcriptions and ended up having four bouts in roughly six years. I moved to another position and just recently have been transcribing again. Along comes another bout of BP.

All I can figure is that there may be some irritation of the nerve caused by vibration from the headset? I have no idea but it seems very suspicious that it occurs only when I'm doing excessive transcribing.

Are there any research groups or such that you are aware of that you can put me in contact with to pick their brain about my history of Bells Palsy?

Thanks
Kim

how is ur bells palsy now... it seems like my husband would get his second bout

on 8/22 I woke with my 7th bout of BP [this was my right side], 2 days later I woke to terrible pains, and noticed the left side had fallen. I have Bi Lateral BP. I have hardly any movment at all on the left side, the right side is all scrunched up. my Talkingis not understandable [also painful if I talk too much] I can't eat or drink well, I have almost choked many times. I went to see a Surgeon in Boston, she said I'm one of the worse cases she has ever seen, therefore he does not recommend the surgery. The PT I saw gave me a number of excerises and face massages to help loosen the "Hot Spots" I have on both sides, after they have loosened, I will be more apt to have movement. Te excericises I have been given are to be done with slight movement so It will induce an even smile, facial movements etc. I feel, so alone, lost, ugly, gross, and that only partially explains my feelings.
I am also filled with pain due to having Lyme Disease [3rd time being treated for this]. One day; Thats all it takes to Totally Alter, Distroy your Life. Blessed Be ☾✪☽

I am an RN and my 36yo daughter has had 3 episodes of Bell's Palsy in the past year. I had a Stroke at 51yo from Vioxx medication and was not able to go back to work because of the results of the CVA. My mother has just been Dx. with Alhizmers. Should I be concerned about my daughters condition?

I just want to let you know that even though this was posted a year ago, I feel for you. I hope you are better now. I have had Lyme Disease attack me twice and have had three episodes of Bell's. I am just getting over my third and it was the worst. I am scared to death to get it again, and after seeing 5 doctors, two specialist
, nothing is being done. I just want to send you my best and healing thoughts for us all.