Hi, I need some help. My mother has condition which is called Bell's palsy disease. She has scarred me last week so much. I was the first who has seen her in that condition. First few seconds I thought that she do it deliberately and then I have realized that she can't control her muscles. I thought that she had stroke. She is better now, but she has constant tearing and pain in the ear. Are those the symptoms of this disease? What can we do to help her?

Constant tearing or dryness of eye can be symptoms of Bell's palsy syndrome. Muscles around the eye are weakened and sometimes the eye is hard to close. That cause the problem because the eye is use to be wet by tears and then it can either feel like there is sand in the eye or it can tear all the time. Pain in or behind the ear is also one of the symptoms of the disease.