Hello, I am 21 years old and I have just recently started consuming alcohol. I said consuming, not drinking, because I do not take more than one drink per evening. But it seems that even that small amount of alcohol is not good for me because of the facial flushing that occurs. Is that a symptom of alcohol allergy?

Well, it really might be the symptom of the allergy, although it just might be the adjustment of your body to alcohol, since you did not use it before. If this symptom continues to occur after a while then you will have to see a doctor, or even better, stop consuming alcohol at all. That would solve all the problems!

Hello there yetty,

As the poster above me has already told you it could be a sign of alcohol allergy but if you don’t feel sick next day than it is probably just adjustment of your body to the alcohol. Alcohol allergy has pretty severe symptoms and they can last up to 7 days. Pain in the muscles, nausea, feeling sick, stomach pain, headaches are just some of symptoms and since you haven’t mentioned that you are experiencing something like this then I presume that you don’t have alcohol allergy.

But just in case you can consult your doctor about this. it is always better to be safe than sorry and if you continue consuming the alcohol then check it out.