I am 45 years now. In young age say 26 to 32 I used to consume good amount of alcohol. But now last 15 years I have nt toch it except few occations.
IOnce in between at 32 suddnly while drinking my ears, eayes got sheamy and lill breathless I realised. So i tried cpl of times later that, but it continued. Then with fear I stopped drinking. after a year or so when I drank again it was normal.
Now I have observed one thing that with a real big interval of year or so if I drink I dont any unusual but if i try immidiate after week or so it happens again. I am asian. Whenever I mentioned couple of my regular doctors they just say avoid it and nothing else or ignore it.Whay could be this exactly and is it curable. Your help would be great help.
I miss mild drinks like beer or wine when i attend friends gatherings or official dinners where you are kept alone as non drinker.

Hi there, unfortunately it sounds to me like you have developed an allergy to alcohol, which can happen with Asian people more than most. There isn't much else you can do other than avoid it, so I suggest following your doctor's advice. What do you think?