I don’t think I am alcoholic, though I drink a lot. I used to drink since I was 20 which mean I drink alcohol 30 years already. I have never had some bad reaction or that I get drunk too much, somehow I control myself always, so I was never in situation as one of my friends was. He told me he’s got alcohol intolerance, so I want to know if that really can be and what that means?

That might be true, because adverse reactions induced by alcoholic drinks are common. Many normal individuals might experience nasal congestion and mild flushing of the skin within minutes of ingesting alcohol. Patients that already suffer from Rosacea and Seborrheic dermatitis are more prone to facial flushing from alcohol. There is no need to be confused, because this is not an allergy. Just it is related purely to the vasodilatator, or dilated blood vessels that are affected by alcohol. The most common abnormal reaction to alcohol is seen in persons from an oriental background. They get flushing, increased heart rate, and symptoms of reduced blood pressure due to a genetic impairment in the metabolism in alcohol. Vasodilatory effect of alcohol in the stomach can increase the absorption of food allergens in the stomach and it might aggravate food allergies. Alcohol is very common trigger for vasomotor rhinitis, and also it causes release of histamine and some wines have a high concentration of histamines. There were reported two patients that had beer intolerance with acute reactions after drinking it.

is there a way to stop alcohol intolerance or is it permenant?