Hi, I am 24 years old and I never thought I will have this much problems with a cigarette smoke. Honestly, I haven’t even spent much time with people that smoke, so I could not know that. But now, after about half an hour in the cigarette smoke, I start feeling nauseous and sometimes even headache begins. What are the symptoms of cigarette smoke allergy?

Exactly those two you have mentioned and a lot more other. But it is also possible that it is just an adjustment period for your body that never before had to spend so much time in the cigarette smoke. But still, it would be better if you don’t have to adjust your body to anything, just try to avoid that smoke; it makes you a passive smoker and damages your health.

I suggest you get out of the atmosphere where there is smoke. This reaction will become worse every time you are exposed to whichever chemicals your body reacts to. I'm now (at 52) so bad I can't even be near someone with cigarette smoke on their clothes. I don't know what to do. No one seems to have an answer. My condition has been life threatening for quite a few years. I can't be in any situation where A smoker might be in the same room because of the chemicals on their clothes. I'm also "allergic" to nictine patches when people are wearing them. It's just one of those conditions no one understands so they tend to not believe it. It's in the too hard box.

At your age, I was like you. It got worse with every exposure. I really wish I knew how to treat this. It's so frightening. It's like being held under water and everyone walking past and ignoring the fact that you are dying. Smokers seem to be so cruel. Even when people know how ill their habit makes me, they can't put off smoking for a few hours. I suppose they must be sicker than I am.

that's not an allergy it's just like smelling someones perfume that you don't like.
there's no such thing as an allergy to cigarette smoke it's all a lie some id**t made up.
it's a sensitivity to odours or smoke, not an allergy. Any id**t doctor tells you different they need their license pulled.

Im a non smoker and i understand what you,re going through. My husband took up smoking again because hes under stress at work and at home. Im so allergic to smoke I actualy vomit. I dont know what to do. I was wondering if there were any otc meds I can take to atleast stop the nauesa, I hope someone will help me please

You must be a smoker. It's very obvious that you have no clue what your talking about. I am an ex-smoker (for 8 years) I was always sick with respiratory problems it seemed all the time. So I went to an allergist for seasonal allergy testing. Mind you this doctor had no clue I smoked. He asked me if I was exposed or around cigarette smoke much, I said sure my mom smokes. So he tested me for nicotine allergy. Oh course it was an obvious positive right away. Ok that explained the reasons for being sick all the time. So like an id**t I went another maybe 2years before finally saying screw this and I quit cold turkey. Within a matter of weeks I was feeling awesome. Well to cut this story down a bit, I picked up a cigarette once in a blue moon, and would get a really quick reminder why I quit. Cuz since I quit if I am exposed to second hand cigarette smoke in a concentrated low ventilated area it triggers mucous to form in my airways and leads to an onset of asthma. Now I have many friends who smoke so I have put this through some different sinarios and testing the allergy idea. Always the same reaction. So do not sit up on your high horse thinking that you know more than doctors who spent lots of years in school, then many more years in a residency program and worked very hard to be majorly in debt just to get his medical license. First learn the actual facts, before you go spewing diarrhea out of your mouth and thinking you know everything.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Cigarette smoke is an irritant not an allergen.  Still sucks though.  Don't believe anyone who claims they are allergic.  They are being silly.

hello, how are u?