I am 18 years old male and 2 weeks ago i had a upj surgery to fix obstruction that blocks the flow of urine out of the kidney. They left a stent inside the kidney or ureter and told me that it will be there for 1month.  I was shy to ask this from my doctor but does anybody know if its okay to masturbate with this ureteral stent inside?

I just couldn't hold the urge anymore and masturbated slowly yesterday and today (i stopped before ejaculation) now I'm scared could the stent maybe have been moved or affected somehow?

Hi Leo,

The stent you're referring too is placed very high up in the urinary tract.  It is "above" the bladder. 

Masturbation will have no effect.

Hi, thank you for the reply!

However, just a quick question, doesn't the stent go until the bladder? and usually during masturbation doesn't some sperm travel from the prostate gland which is just below the bladder, will this have any affect on the stent.

Following masturbation yesterday the bladder area of my stomach hurt for around 1hour and then stopped, should i be worried about this or is it fine now since the pain has stopped?

Thanks

Since you said kidney, the most common type of stent that would be placed near the kidney is inserted through your urethra, past the prostate, into your bladder, and then into the ureter.

The ureter is at the kidney. It is above the bladder. No part of the stent normally passes through the bladder or prostate while it is in place. The stent needs to drain into the bladder.

Semen is made by the prostate, beneath the bladder and not affected by the placement of the stent.

I wouldn't be worried.

Thanks a lot!, i verified it with my urologist and he said its fine too

Thank you for posting back.

Hey Leo, how did you feel with the stent? Did you have a laparoscopy ?

Hey I had a laparoscopic pyeloplasty done on may 30th. I have the stent in also and it is horrible. I am going to the toilet every time I have to sit up and stand up. It's burns like hell too. I find relief laying down but as soon as I get up the urgency to pee comes from no where! I dont know how I can endure another 4 weeks of this !

Usualy the doscomfort will go within 3-4 days

How about a jj stent