Does it hurt to have a ureter stent removed? I'm so extremely nervous to have this done.... I had a 4mil kidney stone, which was blasted out, now I have a ureter stent.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks

btw, 25 year old male, non smoker, non drinker.

Hello Poppster -

I am very sorry to say, this was the most painful procedure I have ever had done. I am now 30 and had a ureter stent when I was 24. They inject a numbing liquid into your penis, which actually burns as they stick it in. It also feels like you are urinating inward and is extremely uncomfortable. When the doctor inserted his scope into my penis to get this, i actually screamed when he hit my prostate. The immense pain and discomfort lasts for about twenty minutes. I have to say the worst part was afterwards. They made me urinate before I could leave. In addition to the urine looking like pure blood, when the urine stream initiates, I screamed again and cried in pain. I couldn't even walk straight to the car. That is something I never want to go through again and take precautions into preventing stones from this point. I take potassium citrate pills now. On the positive, I no longer fear death as I know nothing can hurt more than this.

What you went through is childs play. Suck it up I have had a cystscope in my penis 20 times or more. IT only hurts for as few momemts. Don'yt be such a cry baby!!

I had a suregery on Monday and doctor called me for Stent removal after 2 days i.e. Wednesday. Honestly it took not more than 5 seconds to remove the stent. The feeling was like when you buy a new jacket and remove the thread for opening up the pockets. It was not at all painfull. But yes after stent removal just be on stratcher or bed for few minutes.   

I just had a stent removed in the Dr's office and no it was not painful at all.just uncomfortable but 2hours later I had severe bladder spasms and I thought I was having kidney stones all over again..............They gave me some Ditrapan XL and it took it another 2 to 3 hours to help with all this pain.............

Male, 58. Had a stent removed via scope 18 days post op. A little bit of pressure, zero pain. Piece of cake. I think a lot of people that have this done are just a bit dramatic. I'd pick this over a Root Canal any time.