Hello everyone. A few days ago, I went to the pet shop to buy some foods and some groceries for my little Boo. I was talking with this lovely lady in the pet shop, and I was telling her about this belly rash – I was telling you about this one as well. She told me some good advices, but she mentioned Hydrolyzed protein dog food as well. She told me that this is really magical, and that I should try to give my dog this food.

I don’t know much about this food, so I was wondering do you have any experience with it? 

Hey there. About the rash, it can be, because Hydrolyzed protein dog food is pretty much new development in pet foods. A lot of manufacturers offer this food for dog who have problems with food allergies. Now, there is possibility that your dog has food allergy, and that this can be the main reason for the rash. But, we don’t know is the food main reason of the rash. I know that hydrolyzed protein diets help food allergic dogs to provide small protein molecules. Hydrolyzed protein diet can also help you treat – colitis, idiopathic diarrhea, otitis externa, bowel syndrome. It is really good. 

In recent years food allergies among pets became very frequent. It was a mystery at the beginning, but soon people realized that they must give their pets’ different kind of foods to lower the chance of animals’ organism reacting to certain component in the food. But there was more in that. The manufacturers use “fillers” in their pet food, such as potatoes, grain and other starches which reduce the volume of meat that’s added to the food and lower its price. These fillers put your pet’s immune system in jeopardy and help in developing food allergies.

That’s why hydrolyzed protein diet is presented to the market. The manufacturers are claiming that hydrolysis breaks down meat into particles so small that body no longer recognized it as allergen?!

That’s pretty absurd if you ask me and I will avoid it if I were you. Especially because you don’t know the real cause of your dog’s rash.

Hello everyone. Some pet food are marked as allergen – free, featured hydrolyzed protein and as assortment of other non – nutritious ingredients. If your dog has food allergies, tell this to your vet. He may also suggest that you try hypoallergenic diet program, because foods in this diet program are made with hydrolyzed proteins. That means that the proteins are broken down into a small pieces, small enough that igA won’t bind to them and they won’t attack an immune system of your dog.  So, I think that this protein is really good. But, still, you don’t know what the rash is about. Find this out! 

I think I heard something about that, that is kind of protein which helps with allergies, and some other diseases, right? I remember very well your problems with Boo, and I was interested what happened at the end. I assume it's still there when you are interested to try this? I truly believe this protein must be good, but you really need to take your dog to the vet and see what he will say. It will make easier for both of you once when you know for sure what's the cause of that rush, so according to that you will be able to cure him.

It was only recently when I first heard of hydrolyzed protein dog food. It’s a new thing in dog food industry I think. 

A friend told me about it maybe a week ago. I didn’t understand him well so I googled it up when I got home and read all about it. 

Hydrolyzed protein diets help dogs that are allergic to some foods by providing so small protein molecules that an allergic reaction is not even possible.  Since the dog’s immune system will not see the miniscule protein molecules as a threat , it won’t respond by making an allergic reaction.

To be honest with you, I don’t know so much about this, because I don’t have so much experience with dogs, but yesterday, I asked my friend, and he is really good and expert, he knows a lot about the dogs, he told me that this protein is really good and that this one can really help you when it comes about allergy problem with your dog. I really hope that you found the cause of the rash, and still, I do hope that you did consult your vet about this issue.

I guess that Hydrolyzed protein will not harm him, but still…you should consult the expert.  

Yeah, that’s true. Since allergies are basically the response of our own immune system to something (usually food or something from our environment) , we should try to eliminate the response when it is not needed.

Some dogs are allergic to some foods so by providing those small proteins we make sure that the immune system does not consider them as a treat and therefore doesn’t react to them.

I like the idea.  Since my dog doesn’t have food allergies (that I’m familiar of), I never got the chance to try it out.  But I heard and read only good things about it.