Is it possible for a girl to have intercouse for the first time and not break the hymen? On the second or third encounter it is broken. Is it possible? Has anyone experienced this?

Very much possible. Some girls' are very elastic so it'll stretch but is difficult to break. Some don't break and only tear, which is why sometimes it continues to hurt a lot after the first time. And sometimes it doesn't break on the first time and takes maybe one or multiple times after that (it can also depend on the force used during intercourse) And some girls are born without one or break it while young because of different activities (sports, excercise, horseback riding, etc)

My girlfriend and I have been having sex for about 4 months and her hymen just broke... she is a very active person and idk what to think because I’m not small. Is this normal?

Dude your small. You don't have to me ashamed.