Hi. I'm fourteen and really confused. I have experimented with myself to see if my hymen is broken, and I can get my finger inside of me pretty far. 3-4 inches to be exact. I have read from experts that the hymen is located directly inside of the hole. And theres nothing there.. Does this mean my hymen is broken? Please answer, I'm so confused. Thank you.

Does it hurt when you put your fingers inside you? If it doesn't, I would assume your hymen is completely broken. If it does hurt then your hymen might only be partially broken (torn/ripped). If you take a mirror and look down there you should be able to actually see your hymen if its still there. To me I would guess it isn't.

the hymen is very flexible, fingers don't usually break it.

im 16, and i had this piece of skin, thick piece of skin. and it looked like this (I). and it comes from the inside and connected to the outide. it broke after i had sex with my boyfriend. its hanging now. and it was bleeding. but it dosent hurt. and i dont have clue what to do. should i go doctors??
help?

Yeah, if you have any concerns about an incomplete hymen, schedule a visit to your GYN or doctor. If you are partially torn, they'll be able to finish it up under a local pain killer. If you are concerned that your hymen is not there, they will be able to tell you for sure.

There are LOTS of ways to loose a hymen, so the fact that you can insert a finger doesn't mean that it isn't present.

Also, there are pretty good diagrams on what to find, look for, elsewhere on the internet. Try wikipedia under hymen for a pretty good diagram.

Good luck.

**edited by moderator**

I can do the same ..I can fit my finger 3-4 cms through and then it stops ..Im not sure if im hitting anything or if thats as far as it goes..but i havent had sexual intercourse yet. SO does that make me not a virgin? because im seriously freaked out about it..

Meaning i would just be pushing it inwards?? Is it that flexible?? because i havent had intercourse therefore nothing would have penetrated it before seeing if my finger could go through it && my bad i mentioned earlier that it was 3 or 4 cms..its 3 or 4 inches like the girl before me mentioned..

dee_86 wrote:

helpisontheway wrote:

Plus ive never ever bled before..Like ive read plenty of times that there is atleast 2 or 3 drops of blood but with me Nothing! Not even anything that can be mistaken for anything menstrual....

I don't get how these kids are SO UNDER EDUCATED about there body's at THIS AGE. i knew about penis's and vagina's when i was in grade 5. It comes to my attention that you kids shouldn't be posting at all. Unless you have had a boy stick his penis in your vagina you are technique a VIRGIN. Just because your hymen is broken does not mean your not a virgin anymore. Hymen can be broken easily. riding your bike for example can break your hymen.

You know, a hymen isn't exactly a lid over your vagina, not even close to that. It's just a band of skin, and it's perfectly okay to be able to put your finger in. The hymen is very close to the opening of your vagina, you're not going to "bump" into it by inserting your finger. Usually it's just a band of skin around the opening. Try googling pictures of it.

Okay so Im 14 also && I believe I have fully broken my hymen after sex for the first time so can anyone tell me how long to I would ussual bleed or how I should treat it ? Also when your hymen is broken does that make sex less painful ?

Posted: 08/02/08 - 14:53 ~Colin~ I don't get how these kids are SO UNDER EDUCATED about there body's at THIS AGE. i knew about penis's and vagina's when i was in grade 5. It comes to my attention that you kids shouldn't be posting at all. Unless you have had a boy stick his penis in your vagina you are technique a VIRGIN. Just because your hymen is broken does not mean your not a virgin anymore. Hymen can be broken easily. riding your bike for example can break your hymen.

This is getting ridiculous! Not you girls, the whole system has failed you (and me, I'm 19 and I never learnt about this stuff in sex ed!)
Why are youth today to un/misinformed!? Clearly something is going wrong and our education system needs to have a long hard look at itself and fix this problem. No longer can we go on ignorant about important things like sex ed! .....and we wonder why AIDs has become such an epidemic.

you know...theyve done studies and the majority of women don't even have a hymen. some do, but not all. so if you dont see it and youve never made yourself bleed you probably just dont have one.

dee_86 wrote:

Guest wrote:

Just because your hymen may be broken, doesn't mean that you aren't a virgin. In some countries, they may consider you not to be because it normally breaks during intercourse. To see if a girl is a virgin by checking the hymen is extremely innacurate. It can be broken from sports, gymnastics, horseback riding, or masturbating. If it is broken and you've never had intercourse then I can assure you that you are still a virgin. Hope I helped!

Hi. I'm 15 years old, and i had sex with my boyfriend for the first time, and the day later my stomach absolutely hurt. it felt like cramps. I'm not sure if my hymen is broken or not. I'm scared about everything. My stomach has been hurting for 3 days now. I don't know what to do. Please help! Thank you! Please!