Is it safe to smoke marijuana whilst taking the antibiotic Metronidazole?

http://www.consultdrminas.com/eng/04_medinfo/topics/05_drugenc/12_m/27.php

and I quote from the site:

Possible Interaction with Other Substances
INTERACTS WITH COMBINED EFFECT
--------------- ---------------
Alcohol: Possible disulfiram reaction*.
Avoid alcohol in ANY form or
amount.

Beverages: None expected.

Cocaine: Decreased metronidazole effect.
Avoid.

Foods: None expected.

Marijuana: None expected.

Tobacco: None expected.

Good Luck Girl!!!!

Hello there,

Well, do you have that much need to smoke marijuana while you are taking metronidazole? It is your health in question and that doesn’t mean a thing to you? If you can’t stop smoking marijuana, which is by the way bad for your overall health than you should consider a fact that you are addicted.

How long you have been smoking anyway?

Yes, I am aware of the fact that after tons of researches have been done marijuana is considered healthier than a cigarettes but I don’t think so. It can be even more dangerous because you can get hallucinations from it. And when your reality isn’t real you can harm yourself. So if you think you are not addicted stop smoking.

marijuana does not make you hallucinate, sheesh dude get your sh*t straight

i love angry stoners   :-|

Please stop talking. You. Just no. No. Go away. This is no help. At all. All this is doing is judging someone. What the hell.

Clearly you do not have any medical knowledge or any evidence for your "opinions" 'Nerte'. Firstly Cannabis does not cause hallucinations, if you read up on cannabis or dare I say it even tried it you would know that Cannabis does not cause hallucinations the same way that psychoactive drugs like LSD and Mushrooms do. Secondly the research has only been compared to smoking tobacco because of its links to many forms of cancer, however even in the latest research, Cannabis has shown to have no cancer causing properties and that Cannabinoids can actually help protect you from various forms of cancer.

What really annoys me about this posts you have made 'Nerte', is that this is a place for people to come together and ask honest questions and in return get open honest answers so they can make their own decisions. Instead you come in here for the sole reason of selling your "opinion" that Cannabis is bad for you with no intent to help. You want to know one important fact about Cannabis, there has never been any recorded deaths from Cannabis, It is non toxic to your system. Cannabis use has been recorded as far back at 3000 B.C. yet no one has died from its use, however hundreds of thousands of people die every year from Tobacco and Alcohol both of which are legal.

Now going back to the point of this question since your ignorance caused me to trail off, I am currently on a long term use of Metronidazole which meant I had to have tests run to make sure it wouldn't cause any lasting damage to my body. I brought up the question of Cannabis use as I myself use Cannabis but I prefer to use it in a Vaporizer which along side cooking with Cannabis is the healthiest way to administer the plant. The doctor told me it would be fine as the two drugs do not interact with each other but if I do start to feel different then to take a break as Metronidazole can cause nausea as one of its side effects. So far after 2 weeks and vaping in the evenings after the stress of work I have not felt any changes except a lower appetite which I can't complain about as I'm normally a hungry piggy.

' You want to know one important fact about Cannabis ' Inspired me to walk upstairs, and grab another bag of green

i think u need to brush up up on ur weed knowledge. its nt addictive, its a natural anti depressant , its legal in parts of the world, and its only harmful if u over do it or 'whitey'...and for sure, not addictive. facts need to be reviewed here than judgemental attitudes.

Hello Nerte, I can see that you have no clue what you're talking about. Not once did you ask or mention anything about marijuana's MEDICINAL PURPOSES. And it is better than a cigarette it is a plant in which you can smoke the BUDS or FLOWERS of, and have huge relief of a variety of medical conditions, unlike the cigarette which is tobacco with at least 20 other POISONS mixed in and causes cancer to not only you but others around you. So before you call someone an addict do "tons" more research and get your sh*t straight, she could be fighting cancer or TONS of other conditions. It's people like you that really don't know sh*t and just copy bits and pieces of what you've heard others say to pass off as your own opinion or facts, that make a lot of people who could benefit from marijuana not want to try it. You f*****g suck, but I wish you good luck.;-| 

I have been smoking marijuana for 45 years and I have never hallucinated.

Im sorry But I HAVE 2say that Marijuana is NOT bad 4you it is a natural plant God made himself to treat all kinds of Sickness I know cuz I would not be alive without it! Its saved my life a bunch of times I have very real bad problems and Green (Marijuana) has help me get to 135lb when I was 85lb I was so sick should have died and Im not the only one, I know lots of ppl who needed this and has saved there life's as well I don't understand how you can sit there and tell him this is bad for you Im sorry But I had to say sumthing cuz that's just BS!!!

Wanker don't know sh*t

f**k off Gerrard Butler

wow angry stoner alert. ROTFL