I know that one should not drink alcohol while taking duromine - question is why? What happens?

Not sure, I know for a fact our bodies react differently to substances but I'm on Duromine and just had 5 ciders and feel fine :$ .
Surprised though, usually I'd be tipsy by now but instead I'm not, just feel energetic and very happy ;-) ! I've been cracking jokes all night and in the best mood ever!
I'm not encouraging the simultaneous intake of Duromine and alcohol cause it might end differently for someone else. Better safe than sorry. With me it was an accident, it is only my second day on the pill and I take it the minute I wake up so when I met with friends after work I totally forgot I took the pill and had drinks, it only hit me on my fourth drink and I felt ok so just continued. :-D

I would NOT drink alcohol while taking it. I took it for a few months about a year ago and I ignored the directions and drank on it. Sometimes it was ok but on other occasions it totally kicked in the mood swing side effects and i went from happy and energetic to bitchy, angry and totally irrational and crying!!
you may be ok one time, but te next time could be crazy so it's really best not to try. id recommend that if u r taking it then just go without alcohol until ur finished ur course and its out of your system. plus if u are seriously trying to loose weight
(which u should be if u are on dura) then the drinking will really inhibit your weight loss and is a lot of empty calories that u are consuming. sort of defeats the purposed of the dura! chances r the energy burst u get every so often from the dura will be enough to make u have an energetic good day or night without alco anyway!

Yeah don't drink. When I decided to take it after consulting my GP, I made the decision not to drink for a while.

I'll incorporate it back into my lifestyle in a few months time I guess, but I don't want to take away the exciting aspect of Duromine which is supressed appetitie by drinking over a 1000 empty calories!

The funny thing is that you don't seem to get any effect from alcohol so be wary!!!

You may feel totally sober but you still have a high blood alcohol level so don't drive etc. I know this is naughty but I did straighten a friend up that was totally smashed by giving her one of my tablets. She started behaving herself without any embarrassing events and she didn't wake up with a hangover, how I don't know because she should have!

Anyway not to say that this will happen with everyone as everyone has different results just taking the tablet.
I know one person that gets very, very angry. Not a good look at all.

also another thing,,,,,, why would you drink alcohol when you are trying to lose weight anyway?
One drink on a special occassion should be your limit anyway and this is ok when taking duromine

Oh gee... Debbie downerrrr!

haha yeah i was thinking the same.. so i thought id research it.. only on day 2 but thinking about the weekend already lol.. maybe i should try some redbulls ahha

If you're on Duromine, I wouldn't be drinking Red Bull. That is a surefire way to get heart palpitations. 

But then you are just losing weight because you are not consuming booze anymore - not that im saying your a big-boozer - you are just cutting our some calories? I don't know, wonder if this stuff really works...

I honestly would not drink alcohol while taking the duromine as I know I use to do it and it can make u very sick, and it can lead you to be put in hospital, as I was cause I could barely breathe.. To another comment I just red with the red bull is i just started taking duromine again to help out a but more and I have it with red bull and all it does is gives u now engery and helps to do that little more excersising.. But then in saying that everyone is different and side effects are different in everyone..

i really need to find out the answer to the question posted above as i work in the liquor industry for a living and have contstant trainings, tastings and work in a cocktail bar on the weekends where we have to 'straw taste' (about 2ml) of the drink before we serve it to a customer to make sure it is balanced.
I am not a big drinker but enjoy a couple of knock offs after a hard week. i need to know if there are any specific proven side effects of low level intake of alcohol while taking 30mg duromine.

thanks

Do you have to be overweight to take duromine? I'm 17 and just want to loose weight so I'm taking it?

Duromine is not recommended for those who want to lose weight for cosmetic reasons. In Australia there are rules on when to prescribe it and one of the indicators is a BMI over 27. For myself (5'6" or 167cm) thats a weight of over 75kg. To calculate your own BMI = Weight (kg) / (Height (m) )^2

Duromine is pretty much legal speed. Therefore to put it simply, it is a stimulant on the CNS. Alcohol is a depressant of the CNS. Duromine increases our metabolism and also mental alertness while alcohol does the opposite. Therefore when taking it with alcohol, it can kind of lessen the CNS depressing effects. Like any amphetamine, you do get a " come down." When taken recreationally drinking, this come down is more greatly felt. If you are taking the medication to try and regulate metabolism, a fun night out can seriously be a set back. Hope that makes sense. Xx