Hi. I am 24 years old and I can freely say that I a morphium addict. Even though I do not use it often, once a week, I have realized that I cannot stop. I tried several times but it all ended up with unbearable withdrawal symptoms. I had strong fever, nausea, I vomited a lot, dizziness and headaches were always present. Now I am more afraid of quitting then continuing with drugs. How can I ease morphium withdrawals?

Only with professional help. You cannot just stop taking morphium, you will always end up with same physical problems. You have to start taking replacing medicaments that will help you survive withdrawal effects. Methadone and methadyl acetate are drugs used the most for this. Also, group therapy help with psychological addiction, it is much easier to talk about your problems when you are surrounded with people with similar trouble.

Man I wish I was you. I have just started to get off my doctor prescribed 60mg three times a day. I have cut it down to 45 mg three times a day and feel like s__t. So buck up and press on.

I am currently going through serious withdrawal from Morphine Sulphate tablets, I was taking in well in access of 60 mg per day for several months but weaned it down to only 60mg, I last had a 20mg Morphine Sulphate on Friday morning and have had none at all since then. I was abusing the pills that were actually prescibed to a terminally friend, Can you advise how long this withdrawal hell will continue for and if there is anything I can do to reduce the symptoms of anxiety. My doctor prescribed Zopiclone short term for insomnia. I have had all of the classic symptoms of withdrawal from morphine. The symptoms are less severe today as I have not been vomitting and the diarrohea is starting to submerge with use of loperamide. I have lost 3/4 stone in weight and have not eaten for 4 days although I am now taking in fluids ok. I am desperate to stay off the morphine but am really struggling with the withdrawals. I am staying away from the friend that has the morphine as I am adamant that I want to kick it now. Will these hellish physical symptoms subside and when. >;) :'( :-S 8-| ?

I am a heroin addict that has been clean from the drug for 3 years. The withdrawal symptoms are much the same as detoxing from morphine. I recently started to use morphine thinking that it wouldn't affect me because of my past heroine use. Well, I was wrong and I now find myself addicted to this as well. In my mind there are 3 ways of stopping. The first being suck up the withdrawal symptoms and detox cold turkey. The problem with this method is the symptoms are sometimes unbearable, but you will get through it. The symptoms of immediate withdrawal will last a forever seeming week and taper on for the next month with the worst symptom being lack of sleep and the urge to use. The advantage is if you can power through, you will no longer depend on any substance and can begin to move on. I also suggest if detoxifying in this manor that you seek group therapy via na or other services as the mental game is hard to play and finding the strength to quit on your own is to say the least hard. The second and least effective way to quit is to wein yourself off. Taper down the dose as much as possible in increments. The problem with this method is that you are still taking the drug and the urge to increase your dose may well be beyond your ability to control and may end up back to the normal dose you were using in the first place. I like to think of that as prolonged agony. The third way is through the use of methadone or other similar substitutes from a medical clinic. The withdrawal symptoms will be masked and your dose will be tapered over a long span of time. Most people I know that have gone this route end up using in conjunction with morphine or whatever it is they use. also, the vast majority of people never get off of methadone once they begin and will be dependant on it for life, and may even worsten their drug use because they will have no repercussions of getting sick as they have methadone to ease their symptoms. Anyway we look at this, we are going to feel pain in withdrawal. Our best solution is to seek professional help and surround ourselves with a support group that can help us get through this agonizing process. Being free of these chains is possible the commitment and dedication have to be genuine, this is deffinitely not something you can only put half effort into. And even after you detox years, months or days later you feel normal again, you will always have the underlying urge to use. This is a battle you will conscioulsy or unconsciosly fight our whole lives. Stay strong and good luck take one day at a time and just know no matter how horrible the pain you can make it through-the hardest part will be staying through.

Im a accidental addicted doctor prescribed morphine dependent person. Im up to 3X200mg morphine sulfate pall's a say, I didn't realize how much morphine that was. Until I couldest get it, now im trying to ween myself off it.

Im down to half a 200mg pill twice a day. I may try to cut the pill's into fourths and get it down to 50mg twice a day. but that's still a hell of a lot of morphine. I have som,e hydro co 10/325's im going to use to try to get by on Im all ready in AA and do the grupe thing. any other suggestion's would be apreachated, BadArthur

I'm weening myself off morphine currently. Its been about 6 years now I have been quitting, and I feel I am making progress. This sh*t is a beast, and don't take that statement lightly. For me, junk sickness is a living hell. Most people can't even FATHOM the anguish and pain that it causes, it f**ks with your mind, and if you didn't have a pair of nuts before you will now.
Using hydrocodone to ween off M is NOT going to help you hardly at all. OXYcodone CAN help, but you have to take a LOT.. some kind of incomplete cross tolerance maybe, but I can't be sure. Either just quit cold turkey or go on maintainence (methadone, buprenorphine). I too was prescribed narcs for pain which began my addiction, now I am a full time shameless dope fiend. The only way to go on with some diginty is to quit, or go on maintainence. Quitting, once you've got the jones, takes self discipline that Shaolin Monks probably don't have.

get a tatoo it helps :-S

Ok so what I have notice that helps to get off of anything is something simple. About a year ago I was taking cymbalta and those withdrawls were the worst the morphine is nothing compare to those ones. The simple answer that I got was Benedryl. It was my savior just plain old Benedryl it eases the symptoms I swear by it. It has seen me through the worst of the worst. Hope this helps anyone

I've been taking morphine for about a month. 80 mg a day, but I usually run out on a 7 day supply after 4 days. On the 5th or 6th day when I haven't had any, I get ... I call it hot/cold because I'm hot (sweating) and cold (shivering) at the same time. I sleep a lot (20 hours a day). I just find it hard to believe that I could get addicted so quickly, especially since I've never taken it more than 4 days in a row.

Any advice?

the only way off the train is to stop completely....I intravenously used heroin for 10 years, 6 years of methadone, Vicodin, Morphine tablets any opiate would do....ABSTINENCE is the only way. six months in treatment, six months in a half way house....I've been clean and sober 7 years...AA is the way.

I got hooked to morphine because I was taking it for pain. It's extremely addictive. Your body gets immune to it very quickly. I found that Tramadol helps with withdrawal symptoms. It's not considered a narcotic. It affects the same nerves as morphine does and doctors are more likely to prescribe it.

I've been using morphine for almost 6 years now [I'm currently 25] and I basically got started because I was sick and tired of life and needed an easy up without the stigma or side-effects of doc issued "brain-mods."
The irony, I know.

I've managed to get "off" numerous times: the longest being 2 months, before I relapsed. However, I found that tapering off my dose (in conjunction with lots of willpower) is the best way to quit. Cold turkey works, but the withdrawl is impossible to hide, and the sudden stop leaves one feeling immediately empty - or so it was for me.
Tapering off the drug seems to be the best method, provided you don't crumble and up your dosage. Tapering allows you to "cope" with the prospect of not being high anymore (which is a joke, as any regular addict knows you hardly get high, anyway) and without the ungodly effects of extreme withdrawl.

I eventually fell back into use, but it was not in vain: I've come to realize physically seperating oneself from the drug is actually very easy... it's staying off that's near impossible [without addressing the part of your life that's causing you to turn to drugs].
My advice: grab life and addiction by their disgustingly intertwined-necks and throttle them with merciless resolve. Life bows to the strong. Who is stronger than he or she who can percervere amidst an onslaught of body and mind?

i was prescribed oramorph 4wks ago to take 3tsp when required, along with 30mg tablets twice a day. also now i have been put on gabapentin 300mg six a day, which even with anti sickness tablets they are way to strong, so i am on 1 x 300mg, along with a steroid and pain reliever epidural.

i dont want the terrible pain i am in (sciatica), never known pain like it.
but i dont want the addiction either! i have tried not taking the morphine, but have terrible hot cold sweats, shakes, muscle pains (which are a problem, as i have M.E), mood swings - cant stop crying.

this is affecting my relationship now, and my basic ability to function!

i have not abused my prescriptions, but have been turned into amorphine junkie!!

help!!!

I have been taking morphine for elevan years and I am up to 400mg once a day. They are time release capsule that I most the time crush since this is the only way that I ever get any relief. That has now failed me as well and I now believe that most my pain is from the narcotic and not my three forms of arthritis. YOU CAN NOT DO THIS ALONE1 NARCOTIC ADDICTION IS VERY DANGEROUS STUFF! YOU CAN..........DIE........DOING IT ALONE! THIS IS WHY I AM GONG TO FIND A FACILITY TO SURROUND MYSELF IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL!