Hello! I have recently been diagnosed pulmonary fibrosis. I am only thirty seven and I spent most of my working hours in the mine. My doctor said that polluted work environment increased my chances as well as genetic heritance since my grandfather died of pulmonary fibrosis. I am considering lung transplantation while I am still in the condition to carry out the surgery. Is lung transplantation going to solve all my lung problems?

Hello! It is important to refer to surgery to replace one of your lungs with a healthy lung form a human donor while you still don’t have any other medical problems and not being helped by medicines. Lung transplantation can improve your quality life and help you live longer but you should be aware of possible complications. Sometimes it happens that your body rejects the transplanted lung or an infection occurs. Talk to your surgeon and discuss all risks and benefits.