I was diagnosed with chlamydia nearly 3 weeks ago and was perscribed doxycycline twice a day for 7 days and was told by my doctor to not have sex for 3 weeks. The first time i took the antibiotic rashes all over my body appeared. I have had an allergic reaction to one other antibiotic before but i assumed it was a one time thing. Since i was worried that my rashes would get worse i did not take the second pill on the first day but i made it up by taking 3 pills on a seperate day. I also opened the capsules of the pill and poured the medicine in water the next two days but then went back to taking them normally after that. I finished taking my medication this past tuesday but i still have a small dark spot near my urethra although it is smaller than it was before i started taking the medication. My doctor also told me to apply lamisil to get rid of the fungi which i have been applying. Am i cured of chlamydia? Should the spot have disappeared by now? I have no other symptoms but of course i know that they can be dormant. Would taking the medicine with water and not taking one pill have any affect on curing the chlamydia?

Well it is the best to take antibiotics as prescribed but skipping one pill shouldn't affect it's effectiveness that much. It normaly takes four weeks to cure chlamydia if treated. Do exactly what your doctor said and go back in his office for follow-up evaluation after four weeks, so you'd know for sure if it's completely gone. Take care.

well the doc gave me meds i had to take two pills a day for 7 days...
and saturdaywas my last day to take the pill..
but i stil have discharge..
does that mean that i still have it and the pills didnt work?
i no i stil have to go bk in a week r two for a check up but im jus wondering because people say that
the symptoms usaly go away in a week.. is that a week after the meds or  the week during the meds?
im so scared n confused so can anyone helppp