Hi I was wondering if you'd be able to answer a question that has been burning on our minds. my boyfriend and I took Azitromycin for Chlamydia treatment. The nurse who gave us this medication said not to engage in any sexual contact such as oral, vaginal and anal sex with each other for 2-3 weeks just to be sure we are cured. Now does this mean masterbation too?

Im curious about this as well anyone know?

The key here is not to have intercourse or oral contact because this disease is very contagious. Never the less, I am not aware of it not being cured because either partner has an orgasm during treatment. So, as long as you don't have physical contact with eachother during masterbation (Sorry, this STD lives outside of a host for a long time in body fluids) explore new avenues for the duration of 2-3 weeks. Oh, and get retested! This STD is more common than you would think but most men that have it never have symptons that they notice and spread it easily, but females that are exposed usually get it. This is just friendly advice, see your Dr. or nurse and ask all your questions and get retested.

That last statement is only partly true...I, the male, got chlymidia from my g/f who has shown no signs or symptoms of ever having it. It just depends on ur body and who is the carrier

Cannot believe how different the response is to what i was told - 7 days post antibiotic no sex. and the doctors - and i saw 2 different ones when i was retested both indicated this was an infection that lived inside and it is not on the outside as the response suggests, also that only the 7 days was necessary for both sex and masturbation

I was given 2 pills when I went to the clinic. I took it right there infront o the pharmacist and
So did my partner. They just said no sex or oral sex for seven days. They didn't day anything about retesting or anything of that sort.
I wonder if it just depends on what level of chlamydia you have that determines how many doses you get

Ok, I got tested two months ago & took these antibiotics n front of my doc.& she said confront my partner & that I would b ok . I'm just wondering , do I still have clamydia because im still discharging and its irritating.

Once you are diagnosed with chlamydia you HAVE to get tested about every 3 or 4 months because it can easily reaccure since you've already been exposed, but the treatment is always the 2 pills (or 4 depending on the amount of mg) given by your doctor. Now if you were provided with more treatment then that means your chlamydia has led to some kind of infection like infrtility in both men and women. On the safe side you shall get retested before any sexual contact/desire, and once again chlamydia can re-occur that' why ladies need to themselves reguarly checked by her ob/gyn and gentlmen as well need to keep testing for any STD/HIV.

This is false. There are different medications that can be used. My doctor prescribed Doxycycline because it is less abrasive than Azithromycin. Often people will throw up after Azithromycin because it is much more concentrated (at least that is my understanding) taking more doses of a medication does not (necessarily) mean that you have a more serious form.

Quote:

anonymous wrote:

Actually, I just discussed this with my doctor. He said to take the piss test within 10 days of receiving treatment and to wait for the results again before having sex with your partner to make sure that it's cured and that you won't re-infect or have to take more meds.
I also asked him why I got 14 pills (1 week twice a day) and my boyfriend got only 1 single pill. He told me that 7 day treatment is more effective and has more time to get everything out but the 1 pill is much stronger and easier.. "We give the single dose to the patients who don't seem that responsible enough to remember to take everyday"
AKA I take b.c. everyday and just add it into my routine so I get the longer treatment and my b/f doesn't usually have a pill routine.

Would u still b able to have sex with a condom?

The purpose of abstaining from oral, vaginal or anal sex during a chlamydia infection (or any bacterial infection) is to prevent the exchange and persistence of the bacteria between partners. Chlamydia is spread through mucosal (wet tissues like mouth, vagina and even the eyes) contact.  Using hands to pleasure your partner is safe and will not spread the infection, as long as their body fluids don't contact your "wet" parts.  Taking azithromycin (1 day 1000mg) or doxycycline (7 days) is a usual treatment.  It usually takes 7 days to rid the infection, so wait at least 7 days to "do the dirty".  Stay monogamous my friends.

As a doctor, i think it so funny reading all your commentsYou cannot have intercourse for 7 days that does not include masterbation and you DO NOT need to get re-tested as you will be given the results before hand saying whether you had the disease or not (that part should be obvious).

***this post is edited by moderator *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

Some people have said about re-testing once the '7 days' are over. Actually, doctors advise you not to get tested that soon because although the Chlamydia has cleared, the tests can still appear positive. They say give it about 3 months before you have another screening. And the treatment will get rid of it 100% unless of course you have had intercourse with an infected person.

I took the four pills for uthritus caused either by truma ( hard masturbation ) or chlymidia i was told. So from what i been reading you can masturbate and it wont affect the antibiotics job, i was told not too.