In July 2005 both myself and my partner had tests done for Chlamydia. Because it could have caused my partner to have a recurrance of her reactive arthritis both our Dr's prescribed us with Azithromycin. We each took the medication as a precaution. It turned out however that our results both came back negative.
This was all good until last week when my partner had a bad outbreak of thrush. She went to a Dr (not her usual one) and they prescribed antibiotics for an urinary tract infection and took swabs. A week later they called and told her that she tested positive for Chlamydia. I know for a fact that neither of us has strayed outside of our relationship so how can she test positive after we both tested negative and took antibiotics to treat it as well. I have tried to explain this to my doctor and of course he looked at me as if I or my partner had cheated...which couldn't be further from the truth. Can anyone shed some light on to how this could have happened? Thankyou

As nobody has come forward with any answers for my question - or maybe you all thought that one of us must have been unfaithful, I will give you all an update.
So it was all doom and gloom for a while, but we never once thought that either of us had cheated in our relationship. This, however was of course the logical thing for all Dr's and the like to think and there opinions were starting to wear us down. Thankfully my partner got herself retested and we both went and took the appropriate antibiotics (on prescription) incase we were indeed positive for chlamydia. It turns out that her new test came back negative!!!!!!!!!!! This is mindblowing because the testing is so accurate and that only leaves a mix up at the lab - which then asks the question...how many others were mixed up?
I'm so glad that she had a second test. I'm also glad that we didn't listen to any of the Dr's negative comments and their looks of "you cheating so and so!!!" It's been a traumatic time for us, but we managed to get through it. I would suggest that if you or your partner test positive for anything and you are certain that neither of you has strayed, then go for another test! It might not end the same way as it did for me, but sometimes you have to have a little faith in the ones you love! Your relationship will come out better for it!
(unless of course they are actually a cheating and lying swine!)

I read your story with interest. I was recently tested and treated for urinary tract infection and took a course of antibiotics. I retested adn the test came back positive for chlamydia. This was a shock as I have never been with anybody else but my partner, he was my first lover and we've been together for 10 years. He tested soon after me and his results came back as negative. We are now completely confused. He's persuaded my test was wrong or there was a mix up. I have retested again and await my results next week. I hope all goes well. I suppose I'll ask my partner to test with my doctor as well if the results are still positive as his test might have been wrong... I just hope to be clear of anything though.

I have the same situation...i tested positive for chlamydia and my boyfriend tested negative so now he thinks i have been cheating but I know I haven't and it's very hard right now to reassure him of that since I have already been treated for it and the second test could come back negative...there's no real way of proving to him that I have been faithful and it's been killing me :'( I don't even know what to do...everything was so perfect until he got his test results...not by the same doctor or clinic either so who knows. I am just wondering if there could have been a mistake with either of our tests and how to go about finding out. Please help!!

This has just happened to me too and i'm on a rolercoaster thinking something bad must have happened to me whilst i've been out drinking and i can't remember. But deep down i know it hasn't! I'm just so confused, looking for an explination!

This has just happened to me too. I found out I was pregnant and had all the tests done and came back positive for chlaymidia. i was shocked as my partner is the only person i have been with in four years. So who ever gave it to who I must have had it for this whole time, which isnt good.
I took some antibiotics and retested a week later and came back negative. My partner got tested and his results came back negative. I dont know how this could be. If I have it why have I not given it to him, it doesnt make any sense!

I'm so glad to know I'm not alone... About 2weeks after my 1st pregnancy physical I get the call to come in for some test results I tested positive for but wouldn't tell me what over the phone. Next morning I go in curious and scared only to find out my results for chlamydia were positive. Me and my husband have been married almost 6yrs and have a 3yr old with number 2 on the way...I broke down in the doc's office. My husband did have relations one time that I knew of 2yrs ago and for all kinds of reasons we decided to work past it but it sounded too strange that 2yrs later I would test positive. I told him if there's something he needed to confess then this was the time to do it given he's leaving for Iraq and I needed to know the truth. He swore he has been faithful since 2yrs ago and he would go get tested right away which he did today. I asked to be retested today and they did but also gave me the meds to be on the safe side. I want to believe it was a false positive for my 1st test but it's hard to tell in my situation...it's scary how many times labs can make mistakes and the trauma it can cause in a relationship.

I am just so confused about all this cause i have a similar situation... i was tested for everything 2 months before i went to see my b/f... all came back negative.. we broke up and i started seeing someone else.. shortly after i was having some problems so i went to get tested again and i tested positive for a bacterial infection and a yeast infection then my chlamydia test came back positive also... both my ex and current b/f got test and came back negative... i don't get it, whats the deal???? the only thing that makes sense to me is a false positve....

Hello all. 4 years ago I went in for a check up and was given a test and it too came out positive, well less than a week later I went to another doctor for a yeast infection and they too did a test which came back negative! How can that be??? So I believe the lab or the office mixed my test up. There is no way in less than a week that I have the same exact test and both came back with different results. It almost ruined my relationship.

What i am seeing alot of is how people say they test positive, and say they are certain both him/her are faithfull. Also a few who get the positive test during the same time they find out there pregnant. Is there away a pregnancy can give a false reading? Me and my wife have bee togather for 3 years and have the same situation. Yesterday she went to the OBGYN for routine checkup, she pissed in a cup. Then latter that night took a couple home pregnancy test which came out positve. Today she got a call from the doc say she test positve for chlamydia. So of course we a both pointing fingers. Thats why im doing my reserch now. I KNOW were both faithfull. Im just so confused, and will be getting tested soon as possible.

I have been with my husband for 7 years. We are with each other 24 7 we never have gone anywhere else for those needs. I found I was pregnant last year. They do all the STD testing to take precautions. They called and told me I tested positive for Chlamydia. I believed it of course. My husband went and got tested and he came back negative. We have had unprotected sex for the last 7 years you would think that he would have gotten or given it to me but no. The people at the doctor's office PREACHED to him that I was cheating on him and that there was no other way that it would come out negative. That made me feel just wonderful being pregnant and possibly having my husband think I was cheating. But he knew that there was something wrong. He went ahead and took the antibiotics just in case. I have heard too many people think that they have a false positive just like me all over the internet. There has to be something going on that they aren't telling us.

Hey guys! thanks for your posts it really helps to take this information to my partner considering all he has is my word that I have been faithful. I was tested exactly three months ago and test results came back negative for chlamydia and when i was tested again three months later my test came back positive...I was baffled because i knew i had been faithful so the only other person left was my partner. He said he was not with another person so neithor one of us believed the other. What really hurts is that i know i had not been with any one else and i believe him but he is strong on his belief that i got it somewhere else. Thankyou again for your posts at least someone believes me.

Pregnancy can cause false positives, so always take 2 chlamydia tests if you're pregnant.

My story is pretty strange. I have beenw with my BF for 4 years. We have both been faithful (so he says). I just found out today that I tested positive for chlamydia. I told my bf so he could get tested and treated. He was very calm about, never placed blame, just told me he wanted me to take care of my health and he will take care of his. He insists that he didn't cheat and I know that I didn't cheat. Well, I called the doctor with a million questions. I have a heart condition. So before I go to the dentist I have to take an antibiotic. It is the same antibiotic that they treat chlamydia with!!! Last Monday, 4 days before I was tested, I went to the dentist and took this antibiotic. If I had chlamydia it should have been treated! I asked the doctor about this and she told me that I was right and she was going to check with the lab to see what the chances of a false positive are and also scheduled me for a retest! Nothing is 100% I guess better safe than sorry, I would rather a false positive than a false negative, but it is hard on relationships. I am worried about what will happen between my BF and I if I can't prove that I am negative for Chlamydia.

My fiance and I are expecting our second child in June 2009. Should be a really exciting time for us, but I got a call a couple of days ago that shattered my world. The doctor told me I had a positive Chlamydia test. I asked a million questions trying to rationalize this in my head. The way that she made it sound was that either my partner and I had gotten it from someone else. I was tested when I was pregnant with my first child and it was negative, that was a little over a year ago. I know that I have been completely faithful to my fiance, but we have been in turmoil since this news. I have been so depressed because every nurse or doctor that I have talked to is making it out that my fiance had strayed from our relationship. He swears up and down that he has never cheated or even thought of it. I am having the worst time believing him and our relationship is not going well. He is upset because I don't trust him and I am upset because I have no answers.
It is really nice to see these posts on here. It is reassuring to me. I am going to get a retest today and pray for the best.