Hi! Week ago I find out that I have Chlamydia. Immediately I started treatment. Doctor prescribed me Zithromah. Does anyone know how long it takes Zithromah to cure Chlamidia? I steel have discharge. Thank you.

Hi! I had same problem. I used same drug. It takes me two weeks to cure Chlamydia. When you finished your treatment you have to confirm that you are cured by redoing exam. Good luck!

Hi! I am on the same boat as well. I was wondering how much zithromax did u guys take? 1 gram?

I was just diagnosed yesterday and the doc gave me two grams of zithromax and told me to take them all at once. I still have a little bit of a discharge but like I said I just took the meds last night so I am still waiting patiently. I have an appointment for a retest in two weeks.

I too took 2 grams all in one dose. Approximtely 2 hours later, I experienced the worst diahrea of my life. I am now worried that I have a c-dif infection as a result of taking having too many antibiotics in my system a one time. Stll have some watery stool, so I am going in to give a stool sample to test for c-dif / colitis.

I was in a relationship for 2 years and was having unprotected sex with my boyfriend little did i know he was sleeping around behind my back. i had been having unusual symptoms for some months but couldnt bring myself to go to the clinic. when we finally split up i dragged myself there 3 weeks later found out he'd given me chlamydia i wasnt impressed. it got to a point where i couldnt just walk around or sit there because the symptoms were that uncomfortable like waking up in the middle of the night needing the toilet then sitting on the toilet for a while before the burning sensation went away. i was prescribed a one off treatment of 4 tablets after an hour or so i experienced bad stomach shooting pains then i had the wost diarrhoea ever.......2 months later me and my boyfriend got back together he hadnt been treated so we had protected sex no oral sex either. i would not recommend this; the comdom split and i caught it again within a couple of days my symptoms re appeared i went straight to the clinic they prescribed the same pills there and then but i dont remember if my symptoms went away straight away on the same day because i was still receiving them the same night does anyone know how long it takes for your symptoms to clear up after being treated???
hope this helps someone!

last week i got diagnosed with chlamydia i was devastated at first but only at the fact that i have also passed it on to my wonderful boyfriend. my doctor prescribed me to 2 tablets called zithromax which are to be taken in one dose. i still have some symptoms of chlamydia but my doctor told me it takes roughly one to two weeks for it to cure. but it is so IMPORTANT not to have sex a week after u and your partner(if applicable) have been treated. so after u and your partner have taken your antibiotics wait a week before having sex ( i no it sounds hard lol)cause it is likely one of you can catch it again from the partner. i hope some of this information helps. :-)

i just got the phone call from my doctor saying that i have Chlamydia... i was just wondering how i received it? i havent had sex in 2 weeks but that time i had unprotected sex and he came inside me, i also gave oral to others in those two weeks... i am confused at how Chlamydia is brought upon. is this a serious disease?

please anyone help me .
thanks

Lauren,
You need to slow down honey. Chlamydia is not serious if you get treated right away, but HIV/AIDS will kill you. Just like you caught Chlamydia it could have been AIDS. You are precious. Being sexual with so many people is foolish and dangerous. Think about what you are doing to yourself by having relations with multiple people all at once. Pick one guy that is only sleeping with you and only sleep with him. or better yet, get some sex toys until you are ready to settle down.
P.S.
If your guys dont get treated you will reinfect yourself and others.

I NEED HELP. I ALSO FOUND OUT I HAD CHLAMYDIA BY MY GYNECOLOGIST. SHE PRESCRIBED ME 2 TABLETS & TO TAKE AS 1 DOSE. I TOOK THE MEDICINE ASAP..WHICH WAS 2 MONTHS AGO ROUGHLY. SINCE I FOUND OUT I HAD CHLAMYDIA, I HAVE ONLY HAD SEX WITH ONE PERSON. WE DID NOT USE A CONDOM WHICH I KNOW WAS A REALLY DUM MISTAKE. I DO NOT THINK HE PASSED ANYTHING TO ME BUT MY BELLY HURTS A LITTLE AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHY. I HAD SEX WITH HIM A COUPLE DAYS AFTER I HAD TAKEN THE MEDICINE. BUT IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS FROM THEN.

I recently received oral sex from an ex girlfriend who didnt tell me until afterwards that she had been treated for chlamydia 2-3 weeks prior. She took the medicine that required the single dose and she goes back in for a check up this week. Is it possible or how likely is it that she can spread it to me? She says she never had symptoms, they just found it when she did her annual exam and she knows where she got it from.

HI I THINK I HAVE IT AND IM 17 AND WANT TO GO TO THE CLINIC BUT I DONT WANT MY PARENTS TO KNOW.

A year and a half ago i found out that i had Chlamydia. I got treated for it with one little pill and never got a follow up exam but I kept having relations with the same person. He knew I'd gotten it and been treated for it and i advised him to get treated for it too. As much as i thought i could trust him, i couldnt. I was with him for approx. ten months, and at the end of that ten months i discovered not only had he been cheating on me with numerous girls but that he'd never gotten treated. A couple months later I met this really great guy that helped me get over my previous relationship. Im still with him and i love him very much. We found out three months ago that im pregnant... and now being four months along (almost five) at my last doctor's visit they did a routine physical which required a pap. A week ago i got the phonecall saying that i was yet again infected (or still infected). I was given a four pill prescription of the generic version of zithromax otherwise known as azithromacin and was directed to take them all at once. Not only did i experience the most gut wrenching stomach pains but shortly thereafter i had ridiculously watery diarrhea. My partner is getting his treatment tomorrow (I know this because after calling several different clinics to find out which would be best we finally scheduled the appointment) i know it's a completely diff situation than it was before me being pregnant and all and the wonderful daddy to be wouldnt be able to live with knowing that our baby was born with a sti because he didnt want to get treated... but you all need to know... if somebody u've had relations with has been diagnosed, be safe, get tested. why would u risk spredding it to someone you love just because u "thought" u didnt have it since there were no symptoms or "it cant happen to me"... wouldnt u rather be safe than sorry?

i just found out that i had chlamydia also and i cheated one time on my wonderful loving boyfriend. i was scared to tell him but i know that if i didnt and something happened to him because he didnt know he had it if he did it would hurt me more. but my doctor gave me the same medicine it was four pills but i want to know also how long it takes for it to cure. i know this will go away my only concern is if my boyfriend is going to take me back.

A few months ago i found out i had it and my doctor gave me four pills that i had to take all at once........i was pregnant as a matter of fact! My ex boyfriend still hasnt got treated but kudos to him. Anyway my doctor didnt tell me that i had it until i went back for my check up and when i did go back the disease was gone and that was two weeks after.