My partner has Chlamydia. His doctor prescribed him doxycycline. I probably have Chlamydia. Should I take the same drug? Can this drug cure Chlamydia?

You can’t use any medication, neither doxycycline before you examined by doctor... If, you have Chlamydia your doctor will prescribe medication. Chlamydia can be treated with antibiotics such as azithromycin (Zithromax) or doxycycline (Doryx). If your partner receives treatment for Chlamydia, do not have sex until at least a week after both of you have been treated. Partners should be examined by a doctor to check if they require treatment too.

I was treated for chlamydia and all my sympotoms had went away. I had unprotected sex {with a different partner} 5 days after i was treated. Is there a chance that i infected him? or should he be alright?

Well I would suggest that your first thought should be that you should have learnt your lesson about unprotected sex! It is possible that you could have infected him although unlikely. But you dont know what he could have infected you with.

Presumably you contracted Chlamydia through unprotected sex so there is a good chance that you could now be reinfected, or have picked up any of a number of other STDs

CONDOMS, easy to get hold of, easy to use and stop a hell of alot of trips to the Clap Clinic.

I have just found out that my partner has Chlamydia, I insisted we both have a full check up before we had unprotected sex. I was checking out whether the treatment he has been given is effective. I suggest that you do the same before you have unprotected sex again.

I had chlamydia and my doctor prescribed doxycycline. Both, me and my partner started taking the medication the same day. After about a week of taking doxycycline my partner performed oral sex on me is there any chance that the medicine did not work on me. It was oral sex only.

I'm a healthcare professional. If ever you suspect you have any type of STD, you should always consult your doctor. Testing is imperative to proper treatment of any type of STD. Even though you know you have clamidia. You may of had it before and are familiar with the symptoms, but certain antibiotics aren't for everyone. Doxyclycline and Suprax are the most common antibiotics to treat clamidia and gonorrhea. Clamidia doesn't cure itself. If you don't have symptoms, it may mean it went dormant; But, you still have it in your system. If left untreated, it will create a more serious threat to your health; ie: PID, sterility and other reproductive problems in the future. You will also pass it on to all your sexual partners. Taking someone elses antibiotics is one of the worst things you can do. If the cost of going to the doctor is the reason you want to do this, I'm sure there are plenty of free clinics in your area... do some research...

i have chlamydia. Went to doctor got the meds didnt work...doxyclycline 20 tablets 2 a day. Boyfriend put on meds too but only recieved 5 tablets because he didnt have it as long as me. (guess) Bout a month later we decided to see if i still have by inserting the tip of his penis inside on once. After that, only two days after he is now having symptoms again just like before. Now i am going back to my doctor becasue the meds did not work unfortunatley.

Chlamydia can be passed Orally - Vaginally and Anally. When taking medication to treat Chlamydia you need to finish the medication, then wait a week or two before having ANY type of sex whether it be orally or not. And it's possible that the medication did work - you just didn't give it it's time that it needed to actually work. :) Better thinking in the future ahead!

""Actually, Chlamydia (the correct spelling - which I thought you'd know, being a "health care professional") DOES cure itself after four months..." "

I can most certainly guarantee you that Chlamydia does NOT cure itself after four months. I just had a seven month ordeal of tests trying to figure out what all my symptoms were only to figure out just recently it was Chlamydia and be given the right type of ABs (Doxycycline one 100mg tab twice a day for a week). And trust me, the burning urination did NOT go away after four months. Whoever told you that is still infected and doesn't know it (Most likely because they've become too scarred for them to feel anything down there anymore) because 75% of women and 50% of men with the disease don't know they have it. So manybe they just stopped showing symptoms but I wouldn't be having sex with them anytime soon...

And trust me, just because you took Azithromycin and it didn't work, does not mean that it isn't Chlamydia. Sometimes one works and the other doesn't.
javascript:emoticon(':-)')
Massive numbers of people today have Chlamydia, much more than the statistics. The problem is many people have no idea they have it, then they pass it to someone who will have symptoms and then they have problems. What sucks too is that even if you have no symptoms, Chlamydia can still damage your genitals and make you infertile... which is why it's important to get tested for it if you've been sexually active.
And don't forget... people LIE about past sexual activity and their STI status all the time. Trust me, I found out the hard way :-)

is it 7 days starting the day you took it, or wait 7 days after? we both got treatment and took it on wednesday, and next wednesday we had sex again. should we be okay? or should i be worried that i could have gotten reinfected again.

i jjust hope this doxycycline works .. for me & my partner. :'(

i have a very important question i was recently diagnosed with chlamydia and i was put on the medication doxycycline 100mg. is there a possibility that it may not cure the chlamydia at all?

i have chlamydia and i have been to the doctor twice now, the first time i got perscribed doxycyline and i noticed that my symptoms started going away but about a week into the meds i started having the same symptoms that I was having before so I went back to the doctor and they did another culture. The tests came back positive again and they put me on zithromycin for another week. I expected the 2nd time around to go a lot better, but my stomach hurts all the time and i am still having symptoms and now i have been off the medicine for almost a week and it seems like nothing is getting better and i have no idea what I should do. I am thinking about going to another doctor or maybe getting some additional tests run, this is really stressful!!

I Had Sex the Same Day I took The Medicine but With A Condom....R We Still Infected

DOES NOT CURE ITSELF it stays in your system and causes pelvic infections and then can go to pelvic inflammatory disease and can cause you to become infertile and if allowed to get worse can actually be fatal.... Go to your doctor get treated then go back to make sure you were fully treated and then protect yourself the rest of the time.