hi i am 8 weeks pregnant and my doctor prescribed me to take hcg 5000 hp injection daily since two weeks. Till 7 weeks my health was normal and now at 8th week u/s no fetal heart beat was not recorded. i was scared about the injection that was prescribed to me. I was done 3 internal scanning starting from my pregnancy. Please advise whether it is safe taking internal scanning frequently and also whether the injection does any harm to my child growth.  

Hi bharathi,

Some doctors prescribe hcg injections as a means to reduce the risk of miscarriage.

The ultrasounds are fairly safe but do have some risks.  You should be seeing the fetal heartbeat soon, usually it would have been visible by now but sometimes, for whatever reason (position of the fetus, etc), it may not be visible.

Good luck.

Hi thanks for your advise. I have repeated the u/s for the past three days continuously with doctor's advise in three different scan centers, but with same result like with no heart beat of the fetus. My doctor advised me to wait for one more week for re-check and for further action. Is it advisable to wait for one more week and does it cause any harm full for my health? But as on date i do not feel any abnormalities like abdominal pain or bleeding etc.,

No, there is no harm to your health in waiting. Remember years ago we didn't have ultrasounds and wouldn't have known that there might be a problem.

I'd wait as well. If there are problems your body will let you know.

Hang in there. Good luck.