I had a ectopic pregnancy. I found out early in 6 weeks of pregnancy the doctor gave me Methotrexate injection to end the pregnancy. I was having some bleeding but it stoped. I have a lot of abdiman pain and pain on my left side my hCG level is coming down. I am still having pain on my left side. how long with it take for this pregnancy to end. its about 3 weeks since I had the methotrexate injection still in alot of pain on my left side I am taking Lenoltec No.3 for pain killer. plz I need some advice.

hmm... i definitly think that is a question you should bring up to your doctor. my guess would be that it shouldnt take 3 weeks. but then again **im not a doctor**. have you passed any clots or anything? it could just be your fallopian tube shrinking back to its normal size. after an abortion the uterus takes a week or two to get fully back to its normal size and cramping does occur during that process. but a uterus is made to hold a child, a fallopian tube is not. i would contact your doctor ASAP. just let him/her know whats going on and to make sure everything is ok.

try using a heating pad on both your lower back and abdomen as well as the pain killers. try to get lots of rest and dont do anything that will strain yourself (lifting stuff and whatnot).

let me know how things go! xox

**edited by moderator**

I just had my first set of Methotrexate injections today. I am experencing really bad left side lower cramping and lower back pain. Oh my heating pads and IB not cutting it. I am in so much pain. I am finding myself curled up in a ball. You said it was 3 weeks and you still had them. Do not know if I can handle this. Why so long? They told me couple weeks, but I gotta go back next week. Oh my should I had went another rout with this?

Hi ... I'm. Going threy the same thing .. its been 4 weeks since. My ectopic pregnancy, and I'm still having back pains. And. Stomach. Pains. I dont no how much longer I can take it... and this is my second.ectopic...

Hi, I had an ectopic done sept 5th.  My hcg level was 3900 and I am suppose to draw blood every two days.  That sunday my HCG level was 2700.  wednesday was my follow up appointment but my results from the blood that day were not ready.  The doctor said she thinks i should be fine since my levels dropped over 15%.  I am worried because it has been 2 weeks and i have been having lower abdominal pains here and there. Sometimes  it feels like i have to use the restroom, because it feels there is pressure on my rectum as well.. Is this normal?  Also whenever I have intercourse theres pain in my stomach.  How long is this suppose to last?  My next appointment with the dr is not till the 24th of October. Till then i have to go every week to get my blood drawn.  Any advice?  Thanks 

hi i'm dealing with the same thing right now, how did everything go/

Hi I am in similar situatin. I was diagnosed with the ectopic on the 22nd of January,2013. It was my first pregnancy. My hcg level was 8800 and the mass in my tube had 2.8 cm. I had my first methotrexate shot same day. In a week my hcg level dropped to 5000. I received second shot and the level dropped to 1400. After 3 day I was in very bad pain but no bleeding. So finally I hope thah it works. I have no idea how long it takes to get my hcg >5. Does anyone know when we can try for a new pregnancy?

Thanks for replies.

Stephanie

Hey, 

Honey going through it too. I was 6 Weeks pregnant and found out it was ectopic, I have had two round of methotrexate shot and the last one was two weeks ago. I still have sparatic bleeding and incredible pain. It is like a bubble of blood fills up and bursts... It friggin kills.. the doctor told my husband and I we had to wait at least 3 periods before we could try to have kids again.  She told me that my numbers had to drop to zero, the I would have a period. About ten day after this happens, I have to get this test done where they put dye in my tubes and uterus and see if there are any clogs or blocked passages. (This was my first pregnancy so I AMA rookie, this is just what the doctor tells me). I don't know if they do this for everyone, or whether the is something odd about me that the doctor sees that she wants this done, I have no idea, that's just what they Said. It all is terribly painful in my whole abdomin and from my rectum, to my  ovaries, all of it hurts so badly. She told me it is normal to have pains for several weeks but, they should be becoming less painful. And if at about a month ish they are still happening, I need to go in. That is what mine said, I am not a doctor, and usually if you call, the triage nurse can help or maybe just talking directly to your doctor. This isn't their first rodeo, so just be blunt. Good luck to you all, I am currently right there feeling for you. 

do not have sex till you are release to do so my husband and I found out about my 2nd Ectopic and I'm in a lot of pain but my doc told me to not have sex at all till he thinks it is safe and I am back on my birth control for at least 2 weeks or more HCG 75

Any updates from all of u. I took my second shot of metho two weeks ago and only since yesterday I have this very annoying pain on my right side where the ectopic is. The pain is very unsettling however my levels dropped from 800 to 200 yesterday so that seems to be a good sign but I would expect with the lowering of the numbers, the pain should reduce too. Any advise?

I have the same situation. my hcg number dropped down from 800 to 200, and today is 90+. but I start to feel a little pain since this week. Anyone has been thru the same situation?

yes.I had ectooic4 weeks ago..n my level was 800,,*before methotrexate it was 581 on 3rd june..**today it is dropped to 7.8,m happy..but frequent gaseous distension n abdominal pain both sides of abdomen.back pain inbetween.after rest n massage.hot water bath..n hot fermentation its reducing..but I hope it will decrese sokn.I heard from my friend her ciusun had pain upto 1-2 months aftr ectopic..

6 months is the best length of time before you try again

I took methotrexate shot Oct 3 first negative pregnancy test was mId Dec. It took 2 1/2 month. Today is Dec 22 n still no period.

Hi. I had methotrexate on 18th may.. n alot of pain n bleeding followed for two weeks. I started bleeding again on 18th june and still am bleeding but not heavy. However my right side has a sharp pain which comes and goes.. is this normal?