Hi, My wife has irregular periods. last time she had a periods on 10th jan. Then we have checked for pregnancy by urine test on 13th feb but negative result came. Again we have checked the urine test on 9th march. this time positive result came. THen we have consulted the doctor. After scanning they toled that the fetus is still not having heart beat. is there any problem?

Hi Peacesoul,

I would hope they'd have told you if there was a problem and wish they'd explained it to you.

Usually they can detect a fetal heartbeat around about the 6th week. Sometimes a little earlier, sometimes a little later. Since we don't know how far along she is, it is hard to give you a good answer. By scanning, you do mean an ultrasound? How far along did they think she was by the fetal development?

I would have expected her to test positive on Feb. 13th as it appears she got pregnant after Jan 10th. I would have expected her to be pregnant by about the 7th or 8th of Feb. At this point I'm guessing she's about 5 or so weeks along.

I would think they'd find a heartbeat in a week or two.

When is your next follow up? Hope this has helped some.

HI SIR,

Thanks for your reply. We have checked for pregnancy on Feb 13th but negative result came. Again we have checked on March 9, Positive result came. date of conception will be between feb 13 and mar 9. They asked us to come after 2 weeks for another scanning.

You're welcome.

I'm glad you're getting another ultrasound in 2 weeks. I don't think you have anything to worry about, I just think the fetus isn't developed enough yet.

Keep us posted though, good luck!

thank you sir. I was worrying a lot. Thanks for your words..