i went to the doctor for my check up after knowing that i was pregnant with twins. first of all she said there was no baby after she saw a huge mass referred to as a "molar. " There was no heart beat for either of the babies, after one was bigger than the other. Went for a Bhcg results were 4099. Referred to the hospital dor a D&C. Sent for a second Bhcg and a level 2 ultrasound to make certain that this was a molar pregnancy. Results showed no molar, two gestational sacs with fetus 1 at 7 wks. 4 days and fetus 2 at 8 wks. and 5 days. i am still having signs of pregnancy (around 13th wk now). Continous weight gain, growing tummy and breast, but no spotting or vommitting. What could be the possible cause?

Have they found heartbeats in your babies? That is important.

SHE said she had a D&C.. Did you have a D&C??

When you ask what could be the cause of a growing stomach..

Perhaps they missed one of the fetuses during the d&c..

She said she was "Referred" to have a D&C but then they saw fetus's not molar pregnancies. Which is why I asked if they saw heartbeats as well.

Hi i just went thru the same thing this week. I started bleeding on march 15 and went to the hospital on the 16. I was 13 weeks to the day. The ultrasound found no heartbeat the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and my hcg levels were for a 3 to 4 week pregnancy. The doctor told me to go home and wait it out and if he were do a d&c it would make my chances of getting pregnant again verry low. I went home and that night i started having pain. Because i was so far along i went into labor. I was in labor for 14 hours. It was the worst pain in my life blood and the placenta were coming out. I passed the baby on march 17. The baby was about 2 and a half inches. It could happen any day for you my baby had been gone for 7 weeks and i was still having pregnancy symptoms up until the contractions started. My advice for you is to get some good pain killers and find a position that is most comftorable for you. I didn't get the d&c because i still want to have children later. I am so sorry for you. It is so hard to go thru this and i wish nobody else would.

i also had the same thing...i was technically 12wks pregnant and was bleeding for a week.i would go to the hospital and they'd send me back home saying it was normal to bleed seeing as i didnt have any cramping.i then went to the early pregnancy problems doctors at the antenatal clinic and they made me do an ultrasound asap and we found that there was no heartbeat and the sac was 7wks.they suggested i do a d&c and booked myself in for then next monday but the day before i was due to do it, i started passing it and at that, lost more than half my blood. If i had done the d&c earlier i wouldnt have had this problem. i almost had to have a blood transfusion. i suggest you do a d&c as soon as you find out and that way you are cleaned out. This happened to me last july and now i am pregnant again. (it took me long to fall pregnant because i had to take double dose iron tablets to boost my iron as i became anemic)

I am supposed to be 10 weeks pregnant and I went for my first prenantal visit yesterday and they found no heart beat and looks like the fetus stopped developing at 9 weeks. I go in for a D&C today and I am distraught and upset, sad, and all. I have a 5 year old girl and thought nothing would go wrong.... :'( I'm so scared and depressed...

I understand you are very sad. But this is a very common thing in pregnancy. I read that when this happens there's something usually wrong chemically with the pregnancy and that the babby cannot develop properly and just does not have a chance of survival. Is a natural way of the nature to stop a growing baby that cannot survive. It happens and is nobody's fault. Miscarriages are nor risky and you can get pregnant again and have a healthy child. Lots of love to you.

Mquintana - I ran upon your post as I was furiously searching for a reason to explain my own missed miscarriage. I could have written your post word-for-word. I should have been ten weeks tomorrow, but an ultrasound on Tuesday showed the baby had died. They found a hearbeat at 7 weeks, 3 days, so it must have happened in the past two weeks. The news was shocking to me. I spotted slightly one day at 5.5 weeks and then again on an off this past week - never even enough to ever show up on my underwear. My midwife kept telling me there was nothing to worry about and sent me to get the ultra sound just to make me feel better. Um...that didn't work. I also had a D&C today. The good news is that I have no pain and am barely bleeding. I'm just worried this will hurt my chances of getting pregnant again. I already have a two year old daughter, but I really wanted a brother or sister for her. I'm really sorry you're experiencing the same thing. Feel free to email me if you want.

Hi, I just joined the forum and in July had a miscarriage with a molar pregnancy. I had a d&c and I am fine now. Will the d&c diminish my chances of getting pregnant again? The doctor told me to wait a year from last September to start trying again. I don't want to wait that long but I want to be safe and not have mp happen to me again. I would appreciate if you tell me anything you know.

Thanks,Fil

Could you lose half of your blood in miscarriage? How is that? I thought when you're miscarrying, you just lose the lining and blood in the uterus area. Pls. enlighten me. I am currently awaiting to miscarry. I'm supposed to be 12 weeks along but my baby stopped growing and heartbeat stopped at 7 weeks and 5 days. :( :( :( My OB wouldn't perform D and C until I start bleeding. :(

I had a + preg test really soon after missed period, and we were really happy! This would be my first baby. I had all of the normal symptoms (except morn sickness), sore breasts, pressure on bladder, ravenous hunger, etc. At 5 1/2 weeks, I started bleeding & immediately went to Dr. U/s showed emybrionic sack measuring less than 5 wks, but Dr. said I had to wait until 61/2 weeks for any answer about m/c because it was too early for a heartbeat, and possible that conception was later than we thought. Bleeding was more than spotting, but less than normal period, and only lasted two days. But it feels like my symptoms have really gone away -- my breasts aren't sore, I'm not as hungry, and I don't have that bloated, pressure feeling in my mid-section. Home preg test is still strong +, but I guess Dutch doctors don't do HCG test (I am living abroad in Netherlands), so I don't have levels. But today, breasts feel a little tingly/sore! I am hoping someone might be able to tell me if the fluctuation of symptoms in 1st trim is normal, even with bleeding, or whether its a sign of missed miscarriage. I am so worried. We were really excited about the pregnancy.

Hi, I had a abortion Feb 28 I was supposed to be 8 weeks but there was no heartbeat. I was bleeding for about a week aftwerwards and now it is May 13 and still no period. I took home pregnancy test they were negative and a blood pregnany test it was negative. Any suggestions why I havent gotten my period? please help! thanks

I am a mother of two. 3 Year old boy, 1 Year old girl. I found out I was pregnant again on the day of my daughter's 1st birthday this May 2nd! I was soooo nervous about the idea, and my husband and I were contemplating if we should keep it, and if we could manage 3 Kids now!! Then we began to fall in love with the idea, and started making plans and getting excited about it. 2 days ago, in my 8th week, I saw some brown discharge on my panties. I had already passed thru a miscarriage between my son and daughter, so I knew what was going on. I went for a check-up yesterday and the sac looked like 5 weeks and the fetus had no heartbeat! I was devasted and was upset...My Physician requested I wait for 4 days to see if nature takes it course...since a D&C is an actual operation with with general anasthesia....and reading the posts on here, I can see that the D&C can be a bit harsh on the body and delay another pregnancy...

You don't have to have general anesthea for a D & C- they can also do concious sedation which is like getting you really really drunk (enough so you would forget)...Its not as "harsh" on your body as some make it sound- specially if its your first and you have a doc that you trust- it really is a pretty simple procedure...and risks are minimal. I am not saying there is no risks but nothing to be overly concerned with....educate yourself on the procedure and you might just feel better about it (I think its important to be a little hesitant but not TOO hesitant...the chances of causing future fertility problems with the 1st D&C are very slim)
At any rate...Has your Doc done a f/u ultrasound to make sure they didn't just miss the heartbeat the first time?? And/or did he do a quanitive HCG to make sure your hormone levels were indeed falling?
If you have had a miscarriage don't let it get you down too much, yes, it hurts but usually when you miscarry its your body's way of ending a pregnancy that wasn't healthy. I have been on both sides, lost my first son when he was a few months old and had a miscarriage....and I would much rather lose the baby in the first trimester before you go fall completely and totally in love with the baby.
Good luck and take care for yourself and your family.