I am suffering from erosive esophagitis, well to be precise I am in the state when I am maintaining the healing of it. At first, I have started to maintain it with ranitidine 150 mg twice daily. But now my doctor feels that I should continue with Prevacid. Is Prevacid effective in maintaining the healing of erosive esophagitis? I dont like to change meds so easily and ranitidine has showed as very good until now.

I am sure that it is, and I understand your wish not to change meds. I will not influence on your decision I am only going to tell you some facts. There were some studies that people treated with Prevacid 15 mg daily has remain healed significantly longer period of time then those treated like you with ranitidine 150 mg twice daily. The same research showed that around 90 of people taking Prevacid remain healed at least 12 months.