Hello. My mother has some problems so she asked me if I can get her Wellbutrin without a doctor’s prescription. She said she used it before and it made her feel a lot better. And not only that, she achieved losing some weight she always had troubles with. I talked to this friend which I know had been using Wellbutrin, and I asked her if she has any left. I even offered to pay for it. She said there is no need for that and she gave me a bottle. Since my mother insists that there is no need to call a doctor and consult with him, I cannot ask him about the proper dosage of the pills. Does anyone here happen to know about the proper dosage?

You cannot do that. No, really. Are you aware of how many people suffer from the bad consequences of taking non-prescribed drugs? It can make her feel even worse. And it is not at all rare that people gain weight while using Wellbutrin.

You must, at least, call her doctor and consult with him / her.

As for the proper dosage, it all depends on why are you taking it.

This is an antidepressant. Nobody should take antidepressants in order to lose weight.

So if she is doing that because of her body weight, NONE would be the proper daily dosage.

I couldn’t agree more with Mad_Hatter. I don’t know why people continue to use this for a weight loss after all the warnings they receive. It is not a weight loss product people! It can actually harm you, and it is highly recommended to consult your doctor if you are planning to take it.

The dosage depends on your condition. If you suffer from major depressive disorder, the initial dosage should be 150 mg per day.

On the other hand, for preventing seasonal affective disorder, you should take 150mg at the beginning, and then after a week the dosage can be increased to 300mg.