I’ve been treating Chlamydia for three weeks now. I am starting to think that I am on wrong treatment. I am on Ciprofloxacin, but I believe that it is not very effective on me. I know a guy who had Gonorrhea and was treated with Ciprofloxacin too? How effective is Ciprofloxacin in curing Gonorrhea or Chlamydia?

Hi, I recently had Chlamydia and my treatment was Doxycycline 100mg, 2 x days, 10 days, orally. However, there are other antibiotics that you can use to treat Chlamydia. I’ve heard that Levofloxacin 500mg is effective treatment, as well as Ciprofloxacin. I am not sure what antibiotics are for Gonorrhea. I am surprised that Ciprofloxacin doesn’t work for you. Also Azithromycin 1 g, Ofloxacin 300 mg, Erythromycin ethylsuccinate 800 mg, Erythromycin 500 mg are used as Chlamydia treatment…so try some of these.