What can you tell me about RA? At this point, I guess I am interested to know if that is a genetic disorder. I am 54 years old and it seems that I will be having a lot of problems with that condition, but I don’t mind that. I know that meds will help me. I am just worried for my daughter and grand children, is there any risk for them?

Well, there is some hereditary risk involved in this condition, but basically, that is an autoimmune disorder and is treated as such. Even though its symptoms are not mild ones at all, especially the pain and morning stiffness, there are several groups of medications that might offer a lot of help. Let’s just hope your family members will not have to use those.

Hello there stan403,

I am so sorry that you think that you will have a lot of problems with RA. The worst thing about autoimmune disorders is that you simply can only treat symptoms and that your own body is fighting against you and you need to fight back. It is no win situation and it is accompanied with great deal of unpleasant and painful symptoms.

It has been proven that certain genes can have certain role when it comes to the hereditary factor but I believe that the luck is the more important factor in this case. I hope that you will manage to adjust to your new lifestyle and that your family will not experience the same diagnosis and symptoms.