Hi everyone. I had opportunity to read many things about hip dysplasia. I’ve heard that it can be found on animals and humans. I wanted to ask you can you tell me more about that, especially is hip dysplasia hereditary disease? Thank you in advance on your prompt answer.

Hip dysplasia is a hereditary disease that, in its more severe form, can eventually cause many problems. It is a hereditary disease because it is caused of genetic and also of environmental factors. Hip dysplasia can be found in animals but also in humans, but is most commonly associated with dogs.In humans, hip dysplasia manifests in early usually from birth. They say that this disease is more common in girls.

Hallo,
I know that hip dysplasia is a condition where your hip joint is deformed or misaligned. I am not sure about the hereditary factor because there is no research that has proven this fact. I know that some say that this might be hereditary condition but I am not really sure about this statement. I think that there still might be some experiments with this question so you might find some information if you continue your research. You can also talk to some doctor that is specialized in this area of medicine. I hope that you will be able to find your answer.

All the best to you,
Karen