Hello! My friend has just told me her daughter suffers from eating disorder. She is fourteen years old. They live alone since my friend divorced her husband two years ago. She works almost whole day to pay the rent and other costs because her ex-husband doesn’t even call them. I was so sorry when she told me about her problems. What causes eating disorder in children?

Hello! If you read your question you will find the answer. You said your friend is divorced and she works all day. That means a child has no contact with her father and she spends most of the day alone. Don’t you think these are reasons good enough for creation of problem? Eating disorder is a complex condition caused by a combination of emotional, family, interpersonal, biological and socio-cultural factors. I think that family related risk factors are the most common causes for eating disorder in children.