I was diagnosed with bipolar 3yrs ago. I have been suffering from the side effects of lithium. confusion, memory loss, hair loss, weight gain, muscle twitches, fatigue, problems with thyroid, water retension, dry mouth, always thirsty, and the worst witch is getting worse, problems with incontinence. "bladder". I am presently taking Wellbutrin, Lithium, Levothyroxide, water pills and clonazepam. can any one suggest something better for me please. I am tired of living like this and now it feels like my meds are not working as well witch is not good. please, I need an idea of what would be better for me. thank you! :'(

Hi christine,

My name is Gilbert im being confidential with you cause i know how it feels when you are depressed. I deeply understand you cause doctors and GP cannot feel what we really feel. You only have courage from people like me christine. Since last may ive been diagnosed with GAD and depression. Man its a nightmare living like that i deeply understand you. Sometimes i have better days and laughing and smiling and feeling happy thats y i think im bipolar too. I have some panic attacks too afriad of nothing , blurry vision, sometimes nauseatic and fidgeting

My friend is bipolar and his doctor prescribed him Seroquel. He told me it helped him after a week but hes always sleepy. Thats the main side effect of seroquel it makes u sleepy. Maybe it can helps u christine. I salute u from Malta plz tell me ure symptoms of depression u have can u share them with me thankx!@)P

What I was experiencing was and sometimes still is; memory loss,
etreme highs and lows rarely ever had neutral. rages, very impulsive, paranoid always felt like everyone was after me. I hated the world, I had these dark clouds hanging over me. The way I saw everything , colors were dull. Almost killed myself several time not intemtionaly. I would be driving and it's like my seat would roll back and off to another world I would be, when I would come back my pickup was half off the road and I was heading for rock caps. Now! that is scary. lots of anxiety attacks, guilty feelings gallore. I never knew what happiness was until 3yrs ago. I was put on lithium, the clouds went away, no more anxiety just odd time. Every thing looked so much brighter and clearer. But the down fall for me now is the bladder problem and weight gaing. those are the only things bringing me down a bit. I really hope this helps. and Thank you for your answer greatly appreciated.

etreme highs and lows rarely ever had neutral. rages, very impulsive, paranoid always felt like everyone was after me. I hated the world, I had these dark clouds hanging over me. The way I saw everything , colors were dull. Almost killed myself several time not intemtionaly. I would be driving and it's like my seat would roll back and off to another world I would be, when I would come back my pickup was half off the road and I was heading for rock caps. Now! that is scary. lots of anxiety attacks, guilty feelings gallore. I never knew what happiness was until 3yrs ago. I was put on lithium, the clouds went away, no more anxiety just odd time. Every thing looked so much brighter and clearer. But the down fall for me now is the bladder problem and weight gaing. those are the only things bringing me down a bit. I really hope this helps. and Thank you for your answer greatly appreciated