I used to suspect that I'm bipolar, but then I learned that with bipolar disorder, they mood swings usually laps over a course of a month or more ......
But I still tend to have terrible mood shifts whether during the same week or the same day or within a few moments .... I walk around with a scowl most of the time and its just become my normal expression ....
Sometime I can be very peppy and happy and I'll joke around with people and be laughing a lot ... acting silly and basically euphoric just to make my friends laugh and smile and stuff .... sometimes i might mix that in with some light drinking and act a little 'promiscuously'
then other days or maybe later that day, something will trigger me to be very depressed ... maybe i'll feel a little un-included in my group of friends and then i'll withdraw from everyone and feel like everyone hates me .... or maybe i'll take a joke too personally and think about it for longer than i probably should .....
these mood swings happen at either extremes and it reeeeally affects my social life ... during my junior year a lot people stopped talking to me and i'm pretty sure it was because of how depressed i would be around them ... when new years came i decided to be OD nice to everyone and all happy around everyone and some people starte talking to me again ... but then id find out i failed a math test and that would ruin the rest of my day and i'd go back to being depressed ... now everyone just thinks i;m pms-ing or moody or something .....
help im losing all my friends ...... could there be something wrong with me ????

Hey. im bipolar and i had it since i was a kid, and what u are experiencing sounds a lot like bipolar disorder. with bipolar disorder and mood disorders, no two peoples sympotoms are the same. In my case, i flip flop back and forth many times a day between depression and mania. being agitated and excited to being depressed and suicidal. i take seroquel and abilify for it. and it helps a lot. but being bipolar can make a person do some really crazy things. especially if they have a tendency towards psychosis. where they see or hear things. but in your case it sounds like you may have bipolar disorder or some other mood disorder. or it could just be depression. but bipolar with rapid cycling is what im getting at. this could be what you have. depending on your age, it could be just the symptoms that you have. for instance with children and people who develop bipolar disorder before adulthood, have a tendency to have multiple mood swings per day, and over the years, it gets worse and worse, and the mood swings get more violent and more frantic. so if i were you, and you suspect that you may have bipolar disorder, i would see my doctor, because treatment isnt anything bad and having bipolar disorder doesnt mean your crazy, becuase it can be easily managed with a prescription or two. in the long run, it was worth it for me to seek help, because people around me, all my loved ones were being hurt by me and my disorder, so i decided to seek help and im on meds now and it has ma de a world of a difference for me. and im glad for it. its one of the best things ive done in my life. so if you think u might have it, do yourself and your loved ones a favor and please seek help from your primary care physician or other physician, it will make a world of a difference for you!

hope this helped some.
:>