I work in the factory that is producing pesticides and some of those are based on mercury chemicals. And it looks like a colleague of ours has become ill due to mercury poisoning. I need to know if there is some efficient antidote for mercury poisoning. I hope he will be better soon…

Unfortunately, there is no definite cure for this type of condition. The best possible treatment would be to start avoiding mercury completely, although I am not so sure if that is possible. The only meds that can be given are those that deal with the each individual symptom. That helps a lot…

sodium formaldehyde sulfoxylate is the antidote for Hg poisoning..but in cases of emergencies if Hg has been ingested and has been figured out just a couple of hours you could make the patient drink egg albumin for every 250mg of Hg. i think the albumin precipitates the metal and after that emesis occurs.