I was wondering if anyone had any idea why when i eat apples, pears and pineapple i get a very strange feeling under my eyes. It feels like they are sweating on the inside. i am also allergic to Sulphur drugs and have recently read that pectin and sulphur are related. Does anyone know if this is true. I have also read that wine contains sulphur. Could this have an effect on how quickly the wine affects me as i only need to have half a glass and i feel quite drunk. Can anyone help me.

jaikris.

Yeah, I think that it sounds like you have some sort of sensitivity to sulphur so it is possible that eating fruits like that are having an effect on you. Strange that it's those fruits but those are the major ones that produce pectin so it's pretty likely that's what's causing your issues. I feel bad for you because it means you can't drink or have fruits. Jaikris, have you talked to your doctor or an allergist about this at all? i think it might be a good idea to consult with them! Thanks for posting and let us know!

I am also suffering with Sulpher sensitivity. My querry is, would any chemicals that end with a suffix "Sulphate" cause same sensitivity?
for instance i read about a product called Kruschen salts for treating/ alkalising the body. These salts contain - for ecah teaspoon- Citric Acid 0.06g, Magnesium Sulphate 3.2g, Ptassium Chloride 0.04g, Potassium Iodate 0.0004g, Potassium sulphate 0.22g, Salt 0.4g, Sodium Sulphate 0.08g. I want to use these salts but not sure if the sulphtes in the mixture would worsen my sulphur sensitivity. i would appreciate if somebody could help me. Regards

jaikris, it's nice to know I'm not alone! :-D I've had the same thing for a few years now, I always describe it as my eye areas (mainly just below my eyes) getting clammy. I get it from apples, fruit yoghurts, really bad from orange, apple and cranberry/apple juice.

Thanks for your posting, as it was frustrating not knowing. I'm not sure whether it'll change what I eat as it's more of an annoyance than a problem, but still good to know.

Does anyone know if this is likely to get worse over time?

Thanks, Dave

I have this allergy also. My eyes are affected too. I cannot eat apples, oranges, pears, strawberries, peaches, kiwis. My eyes become itchy and sore and my moth and throat swell and itch.

Have any of you, who have this sensitivity, got mercury amalgam fillings or been exposed to broken eco bulbs which contain Mercury vapour. It appears that mercury toxicity can make you sensitive to sulphur and pectin, as it inhibits the liver sulphonation pathway. Try eating fresh Coriander leaf daily to chelate Mercury from across the blood brain barrier, and kelp for systemic chelation. My symptoms are slowly settling, certainly not as bad as they were though not perfect.

I have a sulphur allergy, and I didn't know it was because of my mercury poisoning which I have... I find it very interesting what you brought to light. I'm going to try that way of chelation, I'm going to study it now, thanks! 

Hi Jaikris, I also I think (that was the only thing my specialist came up with) that I have an allergy to Sulphites. On food labels that is preservatives 200 - 228. However, I can still drink white wine which contains 220?!!!! My main thing I keep away from is dried fruits and soft drink. However, again, raw foods do not contain sulphites (that is a preservative) so pectin may be your problem. Research it further and have tests if available. I would be interested in the outcome. Not sure how it all works.

I also have the same symptoms within minutes of eating a nectarine , plum or peach. It feels like the area above my cheeks/under my eyes are sweating but theyre not. It doesnt last very long, but its annoying. I also used to get one single small hive in the same area after taking a tylenol. the hive did not itch & went away within the hour.

I' ve been trying to figure out why when I eat apples or other tart fruit my cheeks feel like I'm sweating. But I show no allergy at allergist.

thank you for the Coriander leaf tip

Ever since I was young, whenever I had anything with citric acid in it, my face would become sweaty, but other ran that, no problem I know of. Oh, wait, I've gotten migraines for years & also ate a lot of yogurt. I've come to discover upon research that the pectin in yogurt could be a type of allergy or sensitivity I never knew about.

There is a sulphur allergy support group on face book. It's already helped me anything that says sulfur you can react to. In my experience this allergy or intolerance can differ from person to person. If you have a reaction to something put it on the list eventually will start to purge sulfur from your diet. It's not listed in all things. But there are sulfur preservatives in almost every prepackaged Preserve meal. All dried fruits. Almost every cruciferous vegetable. And even water has it, almost every city of lived in the ground water makes me sick. So does Dasani and some of the vitamin waters like life. And Primo water from Walmart. All the waters will have it listed.