I tried just the shakes (with berries & a half banana) for a month or so and lost 10 lbs which I was happy with. I was exercising too (light weights & karate). Unfortunately the diet came with major stomach rumbling, flatulence and massive diareha (I was aqfraid to leave home). After a weeklong break my symptoms subsided for the most part, but I put 4 lbs back on. I returned to the shakes (just one per day for two days) and my symptoms came back with avengence...my gas was so bad it made my bullmastiff blush & leave the room). It wasn't my cup of tea. Eating natural and organic foods remains part of my lacto-ovo veg diet though and this has always allowed me to be 'regular' so maybe it was this that made me more susceptable to Isagenix symptoms? Anyway, it was hell even doing just a partial Isagenix diet and my entire family is glad I have quit.

You may have wiped out your good bacteria in the gut.  Try some probiotics and give up on those shakes.  They are not for you.  Could you have a lactose intolerance or gluten intolerance.

Veggie Pa wrote:

I understand your dilemma there Veggie Pa but one thing is for sure and not sure if you know this....but bananas give off a gas called Ethylene. . Ethylene is A colorless flammable gas, C2H4, derived from natural gas and petroleum and used as a source of many organic compounds, in welding and cutting metals, to color citrus fruits, and as an anesthetic. Also called ethene. Yet, bananas offer a quality content of potassium, which is a good thing.

You should ONLY eat bananas as a single entree and not mix it into your shake even though it might taste good. I know with the new IsaLean Pro Vanilla shake....i cut a half of a banana and put it in my shake...reminds me of when Mcdonalds offers there banana shake, it tastes so good! but.....there again....i begin to toot all morning.....its not the fault of Isagenix...its the bananas.   Also a P.S. for sweetstlouiswoman....Isagenix's IsaLean Meal Replacement Shakes are gluten free.

i wonder if the gas and stomach problems were to suddenly infusing your body with whey after regularly being a lacto-ovo-veggie?

If people quit a weight-loss program without proper cleansing of the toxins created by the calorie burning of all foodstuffs and chemicals ingested but not digested, they become more toxic than they were before starting. This causes the body to produce more fat, usually visceral fat produced by the production of insulin, to protect the organs responsible for elimination, from being poisoned from excess toxicity. Fat is the body's defense against toxic poisoning and its production is triggered by insulin which is triggered by blood glucose levels. Bananas are th very worst food you could possibly eat during a cleansing and/or a diet. Except for the potassium, there is little to none benefits to eating this food. Potatoes have more potassium than bananas but also have high starch which triggers the pancreas to produce insulin and store glucose as fat. Nowhere in the Isagenix program does it suggest bananas as part of the system or cleansing. If your intent is to get healthy, and not to keep those foul smelling toxins inside you to keep your family and friends noses from smelling the toxic waste, why would you want to retain them anyway, then you should at the very least, follow the directions that are clearly stated, suffer the short-term calorie reduction by not cheating your meal-replacement by adding banana calories to your shake, and rid your body, once and for all, of those smelly toxins even if it clears the house of man, woman and bull mastiff. What are you so interested in saving the toxins for anyway. The undertaker can't recover them and sell them to a chemical factory, and McDonalds has enough of them in their burgers, so why not release them and yourself from the very poor relationship you have over your stomach's unwillingness to have to keep trying to eliminate them only to have others offended by the process, and interrupting it to pacify the neighbors? Better out than in, wouldn't you agree? Also, if all you eat is lacto-ovo veg, and yet are so toxic you believe you need to release fat, where is the source of this extra weight coming from? Is it possible you aren't telling the whole story? Visceral fat is the result of high glycemic food consumption and bananas are the worst fruit for causing that. You don't have Isagenix symptoms, you have food lovers symptoms and your family will regret having stopped you from de-toxing when they attend your early funeral service, the effect of toxicity will eventually cause. Eat to Live, don't live to eat!

It appears that "Tonemeister" is a fecal/fart tolerant person. There are even people who have sex fetishes with fecal matter. Perhaps he is such a person. I wouldn't take his advice too seriously. There has to be an intelligent solution that will solve your problem without running the family and dog out of the house. That's the path to go down to find a workable solution. No one wants to be around a farter.

IF you look in the catalogue that comes with the product you would see that it even mentions adding half a banana, berries, greens etc. I was told it was intended for people trying to gain but it does not state that in the catalogue. Also our bodys naturally cleanse themselves without the need for isagenix. I know you are all brainwashed and think its gods gift in the cult but i stuck to it strictly now and had to stop I developed severe IBS & constipation from the product. It has caused me some serious problems after some researching I found there is soooo many people who have developed problems, and the cult deletes everything as not to tarnish there earnings. So no its not gods gift and definetly is not for everyone.

yeah.... it's not the toxins.....it's the Isagenix shakes. It's well documented that they cause severe gas in some people.