Hello, folks. I read how there are numerous cases of tuberculosis in the world. I thought that this disease had become history, but it seems that I am not right. I would like to know if tuberculosis is a public health problem again. I hope someone else will know to answer. Good luck!

Hi, there. In the past, tuberculosis was related to poverty. Even nowadays, there are countries that still can’t fight poverty. The morbidity rate of tuberculosis is high. However, even in developed countries, there cases of tuberculosis are increasing. This is mostly related to HIV infections. People with HIV have excellent conditions for developing this disease. Their immune system is weakened and this is a good condition for tuberculosis. So, I would say that you are right. Tuberculosis is again a public health problem. Bye!