Hello, folks. I have a problem. I slept with a woman four months ago. I have recently found out that she is HIV positive. I didn’t use condom. I must get tested, but I am not sure how much I will pay for HIV test. I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me this. Thanks in advance.

Hello, there. I don’t know which health insurance you have. Most of these insurances cover the standard antibodies HIV test. That means that you can do it for free. Since it passed four months, you can feel relaxed to do the antibodies test. If it comes negative, you can repeat it after awhile. On the other hand, some more modern tests like PCR are probably expensive. I am not sure. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!