Hi there! I'm in need of a bit of help, here's the problem:

For a couple of weeks I've had this patch on the left side of the head of my penis. This red patch is extremely dry, and quite itchy. The skin breaks off in flakey lines of dead skin which peal off. When a flake of skin is pealed off, the skin under it would be glisteny and somewhat moist. Keep in mind the area of skin affected is no bigger than a thumb nail. There are no bumps nor oozing of any liquids. The skin is quite dry, and sensitive. A minor burning feeling may couple the itchyness at times, only when scratched. It began as a much smaller patch, but grew gradually over 3 weeks. When I bathe or apply skin hydrating/repairing lotion the flakeyness goes away, but the red spot remains, and shortly after the moisture from the water or lotion dries off, the flakey skin returns. I am a virgin and have had no sexual contact of any kind in my life. I am also not the most hygenic individual, however I'm no pig. I also masturbate frequently. At this point I'm unsure of what this could possibly be, and am unsure of what to do (aside from visit my doctor).

Any anwers at all would help me a great deal, thanks in advanced!

use lotion when you masterbate, or some sort of lubricant, you're probably scraping the patch too much for it to heal

Do you wash your penile head with perfumed soaps? (shower creams, soaps that give off a nice aroma etc) if yes then your killing the good bacteria on your head and without that balance. you get the problem your having. its happened to me a few times. usually goes away after a day or 2. Remember only wash your penis with either non perfumed soaps such as Johnsons baby oil or just warm water.