Hi, I'm 21 and I'm getting tired of dealing with a problem I've had for almost 6 years. The skin of my penis is so sensitive that after about ten minutes of friction I first start losing feeling in the head and shaft, then I start to HURT to the point that I can't reach climax over the pain. The burning can last for a day afterwards. I know there's lubes out there but I was wondering more if it might be a condition, or something I can actually get rid of, not just deal with my entire life. I've never heard of anything related to this and it's horribly embarrassing lately. I do have pretty sensitive skin all over my body and I'm wondering if that could be related. I just want to have good sex again...

When was the first time you started having sex? From your last sentence, I figured you haven’t had this problem from the very beginning. Something must have caused it.

If it’s been 6 years since it started, I suppose you don’t even remember possible exposures to disease id unprotected sexual activities in which you could have caught any of the sexually transmitted diseases.

However, this is not necessarily a sexually transmitted disease. You could have developed this problem from trauma, infection under the foreskin, or other underlying conditions.

I would honestly suggest you to have that examined. Visit a urologist first, and s/he may sent you further if necessary at all.

i have this problem it sucks so much...its like it will never leave.

try swimming in the pool.(chlorine helos decrease any infection, and rubbing the head more (masterbation can make it worse) but i know if you use a good lotion it helps but its a daily grind it can take years to get back to normall, I had this problem it all start out like a bad skin case where all my skin became inflamed and i must have masterbated with some bad lotion that i was allergic to. anyways it took months to heal. the trama caused a bunch of wrinkles to come up * its not all as bad as it sounds our bodies go threw changes quite often lots of this stuff can be very common so common most doctors urologists dont deal with it they just give you a cream and say good day to you. but in my experiencelubridem skin nourishing with sea kelp can help keep teh head moisturized and normall as for the red raw glans penis after sex or masterbation swimming in the pool cleared that up for me. now 6 years later i can masterbate normaly even on a daily basis i try not to tho. the wrinkles are still there but the lotion had made some improovement. stay away from hydracortizon unless u absolutly need it and for no more then 2 weeks.. Calamine lotion can help in Bad cases. cuz it can dry it up but after the shower i put a few dabs of lotion on the heal the vitamens help it heal regularly and as time goes by it does improve. Very slowly. and if you smoke quit smoking more blood flow and oxygen can get to the penis head if you dont smoke. IDK why but yeah i havent quit but im thinking about doing it i tried for a month and i did see a slight improovement. but the pool helped the best like most find a way to cope dont think about it i know its bothersome relationship wise. Stress will make it worse....dont stress dont worry. go to a dermatologist and get some skin anaylasis done you will have to ask that it be done basically demand.. I havent done it yet but if things dont get better here real soon im going to find a good dermatalogist that i can set up an apointment with and get some skin samples taken for teh wrinkles and the sensativity and redness from basic friction....because really thats the only way to figure it out your body chemistry sweat glans tissue and all that were looking at a bunch of possibilities.. and i dont think this internet has any real answer for it because i searched for years and never found one...i Hope this info helps conclusion. it could be psoriasis or dermatitis a topic. sensative skin or allergic reaction food. chemicle or anything even yoru shampoo or conditioner keep soaps away from the penis. Use your daily face wash for sensative skin. dermatologist kind on that area instead it helps a lot. and Oatmeal baths from avveno or even the cheap ones walmart brand BATHS help a lot 2... god bless... ty and =) it will get easier and better it just takes the right knowlege and time and paitence and leaving your willy wacker alone to heal properly.. all this info i know will be helpfull to some of you your welcome....

Seems you may have a toxin or food allergy issue. I am allergic to Caffeine and have similar issues about 3 days after ingesting anything that has caffeine in it (a lot of things have it including some protein powders and Tylenol 3, chocolate etc...) Try a totally clean diet for a week and see if it clears up. Then you may try adding questionable items but remember the 3-day delay and don't try any more than 1 new item every 3-4 days otherwise you won't know what you are reacting to. Doctors don't seem to know these finer details.

Hi Ghostknight:

Masturbation is relaxing, pleasant, harmless, healthy, and contributes to restful sleep if done before bedtime.

How you do it depends on whether you have an internally lubricated foreskin that glides up and down the shaft or you are circumcised.

If you are foreskinned, then all you need to do is slide your foreskin back and forth. The internally lubricated foreskin glides without friction.

If you are circumcised, then you will need some lubrication and you need to slide your hand up and down the shaft. You will likely injure yourself without lubricant. Some lubricants are baby oil, vegetable oil, personal lubricant, soapy water, and saliva.

It is common, however, for a circumcised male, who has been deprived of his internally lubricated foreskin, to have friction burns if he does not apply external lubricant.

You are suffering from a complication of your circumcision.

Hmmm loss of feeling, then burning pain? could be a nerve problem, or an infection (the burning make me say that). But if a doc clears you of that stuff, maybe your skin is just dry and therefore sensitive to friction. Try a penis moisturizer like Man1 Man Oil in that case.

I have found that using a penis health creme can help with penis sensitivity.  This is very common in uncircumcised guys, because the glans (penis head) is not used to any other textures than the inside of the foreskin.  These cremes will hydrate the penis skin while introducing the penis head to different types of stimulation, which should help the owner regain some control.  These cremes are beneficial in other areas as well.  Hope this info helps.

I have the same problem as you. Ever since I started masturbating from an early teen through now (I am 35 years old) I have sensitive skin that reacts a lot like yours. Whenever I masturbate or have sex my penis gets red and painful. I imagine you haven't had any infection or any trauma by the way you wrote about this. I know I haven't. I am circumcised and I also have a medical degree. Lubrication is really advised. Most of the time it helps me. If you rather not or do not have access to lube, then try to go slower or loosen your grip. If you have any more questions then you can reply. Good luck.

r u taking any medicine? for this

I have psorasis (on my fingers AND the penis) and keep moisturized always prevented pain. Then one time I used a hair conditioner and man what a disaster! The skin on my whole penis dried up, turned red/white and became wrinkly. I went to the doc and got a vitamin D creme, used hydrocortison (lightly) for a week, vaseline, and alternated with a hydrating creme for men (I have no idea what that 'man oil' stuff is but sounds like a rip off). It healed pretty quickly, I don't use hydrocotsine anymore, but in the healing process a new kind of blister like pain (no blisters though) has appeared on a couple of areas of my shaft. Masturbation is painful and as I have no partner I can't say about sex but I think I'd want to use a condom to protect the skin. I'll tell the doc about the pain when my ointment is all used up, but I think this is going to take weeks/months to heal. I'll NEVER put any hair or soap product on my penis again!

Hi it sounds like a mild case of balanitis . The burning can be caused by the lauric acid in urine . If you dont wash any residue away . My advice is to treat it with organic coconut oil . Keep the area really clean dry off then apply at least twice a day . It has a lot of natural healing properties . Hope this helps . Chris

New Member
1 post
I have similar issue. Even without sexual activity I get red soreness and sometimes even blisters / cuts on the shaft and head of my penis.
I’ve tried various psoriasis creams over the years, which are effective but not long term.
Any additional insight would be most welcome. It is very painful and most doctors just prescribe a cortisone cream which never works.