Alright then, can someone help me out here?? I've talked about this before I seem to remember but yeah, my legs are awfully dry at the moment and I'd like some really rich butter or something, perhaps even something from the Body Shop or Lush or something? That really gets rid of the dry skin on my legs and makes it all soft and moisturized again. Got any tips? If you do, yeah, pretty please, go ahead and share them. I'm pretty desperate at the minute 'cause spring's creeping closer by the minute but there's no way my legs are ready to be shown to the rest of the world, LOL.

Well, I don't know if this qualifies as a butter or what a butter even is, really, but I have been using Aveeno Daily Moisturizong Lotion with good results lately. It keeps my legs well hydrated and the flakiness stays away! The lotion is very pleasant and applies nicely. In the past, when I have been desperate enough, I have resorted to using hand creams on my legs as well. This is not an economical choice, but it did work well to get rid of truly severe dryness pretty quickly. Of course, you can never forget about drinking water through the day either, because dry skin can in fact be a sign of actual dehydration.

Hope that helps you some!

Hiya,

Thanks for your answer. Yeah, what I'm looking for is really something that lays it on thick, that absorbs well into my skin and just makes my legs look awesome and silky smooth, no flakes included, LOL. I'll definitely be Googling that Aveeno lotion to find out more about it. LOL to using handcream on your legs. I guess I could see myself doing that too. Yeah, I probably actually don't drink enough water, except when I feel thirsty as a pig when working out, LOL.

Hello!

You really want to be looking for a lotion that contains hyaluronic acid if you have extremely dry legs. This is because hyaluronic acid helps retain and draw moisture to your skin. It works almost exactly like your natural skin should, except environmental factors, aging, nutrition, all that stuff means that your skin may retain less moisture. I use hyaluronic acid on my face and it has really helped me. I am not sure what products for the legs there are with hyaluronic acid, but look for that. I am sure you won't regret it!

I don't personally actually have dry skin on by legs, but some of my friends put coconut oil on there. I have used coconut oil in cooking before and I can tell you, it smells perfectly respectable and has a nice, greasy feel to it that I am sure would work out just fine for people who have terribly dry legs. On the other hand, you want to make sure that you actually drink enough water too. Because dehydration can't be doing your skin any good either. Those are my suggestions anyway, take them or leave them... Bye now.

Celebrity

Oh yes, the Body Shop has plenty of awesome butters you can try out for a fairly good price! You can go for something "safe" like the Vitamin E butter, or try out a fresh scent for the spring, like the Satsuma butter, or Pink Grapefruit, or Strawberry, or Mango... they do big and small of most of their butters, so the good thing is that if you know you are going to be consuming a lot of this butter, you can just go ahead and get yourself a big tub right off the bat. That way, you know you will have something to keep you going for quite a while!

Rosie

How about these?

1. Bliss lemon + sage body butter. Contains lots of vitamins but the moisture-attracting sodium hyaluronate is the best ingredient.
2. L'Occitane Shea Butter Honey Whipped Body Cream. Smells awesome, feels awesome, all-round luxury!
3. Skinn Cosmetics Body Butter Trio. This one's really cool. It comes in three different jars, called love, live and laugh. You can choose the one you feel like on a particular day.
4. Clinique Deep Comfort body butter. Not as exciting perhaps, but does the job of moisturizing your body beautifully.

Oh, more recs! Thanks, hon, I appreciate it! I do have to say that I like fancy products that look and smell good, not boring medical type products, though obviously I want them to be great for the skin too. I looked up that Skinn Cosmetics because it sounded interesting and yeah, I really like the look of that. Might order that one. I've used L'occitane as well and loved what I tried, so that could be another great option.

When you have extremely dry legs, you want to ask yourself what NOT to do as well as what TO do.

One of the worst things you can do is shower or bathe in water that is really too hot. Try using one of those bath thermometers for babies or otherwise just turn the temp down a notch to see if that makes any difference. You also want to avoid using harsh soaps, like regular bars of soap, that dry out the skin and perhaps choose a bath gel with hydrating beads instead of that. Pat your skin dry rather than rubbing and rubbing. Then, follow up with a good butter or cream, whatever you prefer.

Celebrity
Yes, that is true enough! Sometimes we spend so much time thinking about what we should be using on our skin that we forget to think about the very basics that are also very important to consider. Regular exfoliation is another of those things we should really be doing. You can just pour a decent amount of sugar into half a cup of olive oil and add some citrus, like lemon juice, to it. Then scrub and wash off in the shower, and your skin will already have plenty of added oils. I like this technique a lot.

Rosie

Cocoa butter was definitely a win for my skin! It did make my legs feel all nice and made them look great, but the same goes for the feet, hands, elbows, knees, really everywhere on the body. I had a big problem with dry patches all over and cocoa butter made them go away in no time... well, yes, really, as soon as I put it on the first time I saw that it would be very good for my skin, but with time I noticed that even after coming out of the shower before putting it on, my skin looked much smoother and the rough patches were starting to go away.

:)