Hello I'm 19 and the first layer of skin on my penis head has completely peeled all around (underneath, sides, top, ends) and the skin hasn't regrown back to it's original way. The penis head is raw very very sensitive and hurts when I touch it, pulling my foreskin back (flaccid and erect) hurts and it sticks to the penis head's raw layer of skin. The penis head also looks slightly discolored (slightly white in some areas) red and raw too. It's wrinkled and dry most of the time, it itches after a few days if I don't clean it with soap and smells most of the time. Sometimes white substance (smegma?) develops.

I've tried over the counter anti-fungal creams, chapstick, different powders, neosporin etc. etc. The only thing these products have done is turned my original layer of skin into weak, white looking and soggy layer of nothing basically. My underneath foreskin is no better that too is also red, itchy, dry, wrinkled and has whitish spots.

These problems started about 2 years ago and I believe it may be because I overused some soap and baby shampoo and for about a month I washed the head of my penis with these two (almost every day or every other day) and the first problem I noticed was as I was washing the head the layer of skin on it began peeling (slightly first) the skin on the head became white and soggy looking then as I was washing it more and more, more the skin was turning white and weak and after a few weeks the first layer had peeled all around and only the raw, red and sensitive skin was showing. And that's how it's been ever since for 2 years. How do I get my original skin and fix the coloring of it too???

What is this? A fungal infection, balanitis, eczema?? Can't be std or any sexual disease because I haven't had sex yet so what is this? Although I have been masturbating (it hurts like hell) and it's dry afterwards and very sticky and smelly! How soon should I go to a Urologist?

I'm afraid this isn't solvable and I'll have to live like this, I'm already very depressed and suicidal about this what can I do to fix it quick???? PLEASE HELP!

If you are a virgin guy, your problem maybe a simple case of smegma produced for your penis head. Be carefully, don´t force your foreskin, only pull your foreskin back slowly, don´t rubb your penis head directly It could hurt.

You really need to go on and see the doctor.

If you haven’t seen a doctor yet, you really should. What you are describing is not unusual, but you might feel less anxious if you heard it from a qualified medical professional. Chances are that you do have a fungal infection such as thrush. Although you say you used antifungal creams, it can take some time for these to work, and you need to use them for the full time recommended. You might  try an OTC crème like monistat – used for female yeast infection, but it works on guys, too. You could also consider using a penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) to help soothe the skin and restore its normal tone. Vitamins and minerals in quality penis creams can also help to protect against further infection.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info and I plan on going to a dermatologist. But what I don't understand is why the first layer of skin (membrane) wont regrow back on the glans? It's still the raw layer showing!

This is definitely some sort of skin condition and maybe some internal problem as well. I plan on getting my blood tested and really looking into what the skin condition might be.

But if you have foreskin and you can peel your skin back To see And some of this skin Was coming out when I was peeing what's the best option

The head of your penis and the inner foreskin is not covered with skin. It is covered with mucous membrane. Soap is very bad for it because it washes out the oils needed for penile health. Using soap causes non-specific dermatitis. Please stop using soap and shampoo on your penis head immediately.

If I had this condition, I would pull my foreskin back, then coat my penis head with vaseline and then pull my foreskin forward over the vaseline and then leave it alone to heal, however I would pull my foreskin back to renew the vaseline as necessary and then pull it forward again.

Eventually, your inner foreskin and glans penis should regain health as essential oils are restored.

Thanks for the reply, I knew it wasn't' "skin" but I forgot the name thanks for informing me on that. I had a skin biopsy done on my foreskin yesterday which also turned raw a couple of months back and the results should come back late this week too see if the same problem that's on the glans is on the foreskin (I think it is).

And I did stop using ALL soaps a couple of months ago since only then did I realize this is probably what caused this problem (overuse of soap and baby shampoo) I should have never used them in the first place. The more I do research on it and I've done research for years now the more I think this is dermatitis I really believe this chemicals in these soaps-shampoos caused this problem the only problem is what medicine will my dermatologist give me for the first healthy layer of mucous membrane to regrow back?

Do you think the first layer can come back healthy with healthy oil and all eventually with a potent and right medicine??

The inner surface of the foreskin and the head of the penis are NOT covered with skin. They are covered with mucosa and need to be treated differently.

It sounds like you have non-specific dermatitis due to the excessive use of soap and shampoo, which has the effect of drying the oils out of the skin.

If I were you, I would:

1. stop using soap and shampoos on my penis.
2. pull my foreskin back and put an emollient on that contains lanolin or something like Jergen's Daily Moisturizer.
3. I would then pull my foreskin forward over the glans and leave it forward.
4. I would pull my foreskin back only to apply more emollient.
5. I would let smegma accumulate because it is full of skin oil and can only help restore the essential oils necessary for health.

Hey mate,
Suffering from a similar problem, pretty distressed.
Did you ever find out what it was?
Cheers

I too has same problem...please suggest me what medication you've taken to recover..

Did you try using a penis health creme? These are better than most other creams because they are made specifically for penis skin. Get a creme containing Vitamin E (excellent for the skin) and some shea butter and you should get some relief. Good luck man!

You need a penis health creme called Man1 Man Oil. It is made specifically for dry and peeling skin down there, and it will rejuvenate and repair the damage quickly and safely. All you've got to do is rub it into your skin once a day. It's real good stuff. Hope this helps.

Hi friends if skin attached around the top of penis so it any affect to do pregnant to women or not

Google male. Lichen sclerosis et atrophis