hello i have this problem: recently, in the last week, for some unknown reason my penis head has skin peeling in the front half of it, like from the urethra to the the foreskin, and it has been very dry, kind of rough and somewhat scabby, and appeared all of a sudden. i havent had sex in a while so i know its not an STD, and in addition to that i have lots of skin peeling in the right side of the underside of my penis shaft. it can get dry as hell and start peeling and flaking like dead skin, then it might disappear and the skin looks lighter than the rest of my skin on my genitals. i take a shower and gently use a pumice stone to try to "remove" the dead skin area and use that apricot scrub wash on my genitals for the same purpose, but it seems to no avail in the long run. it comes back sporadically, and im apprehensive about taking a girl to bed for fear that i might pull my pants down and have a rough, flaky penis without knowing it. also, when i get an erection the skin is so dry that it stretches and cracks, leaving raw skin underneath and even tiny little cuts. what should i do before going to the doctor? any creams or medications recommended? i would greatly appreciate any help, and thanks in advance.

yea this sounds like what have, i actually have had this problem for a few years now, i went to a doctor he gave me medicine and told me it was a fungal infection, and i that i was one of the small portion of men who get this. He gave me medicine for it and told me he has it as well and that it wont go away and that if it reappears to get more medicine. It worked for a year then it came back etc. if you havent already go see your doctor. hope this helps!

i have a very similar problem. i would consult a doctor but i am only 16. also i just got a physical recently and my doc didn't mention anything about it. i'm just not wanting to take out the tool and have it be all weird. is there any sort of home remedy or reassurance it will go away?

does anyone have answers for this, i have the same problem.

I have done a little research and found out that while there are alot of different things this can be (as i kind of have the same problem but mine only recently developed and i'm 25). I am about to try this method, while researching the name "thrust" came up in my studies, it said that the cause was some kind of yeast like infection, the site also said that the remedy was as simple as putting yogurt (plain) on it for a couple of weeks. I'm going to give this a shot, but if anyone would like to try this out before myself, please let me know if this helps!

i have the same problem,but i started have this about 3years ago when i was around 15years old..so if the yogurt we leave it on the penis head for few weeks or apply it for few hours a day???

Itchy, dry and/or peeling penis skin can be caused by issues such as thrush or skin allergies; it may also just be a result of irritation from masturbation or sex. Any concerns about sores or discomfort can be best resolved by a doctor, but you can support a healthy penis by cleansing carefully every day and applying a penis nutrient formula (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) to slough away dead skin cells and support the regrowth of healthy tissue.

Best,
Alex, PhD

i think that you mean "thrush"

Hi there! Any update on this matter? I'm having a similar problem. What was the best treatment for you and how long did the skin take to regenerate?? Thanks!

Hi 

I have had the exact same probem and it appears more when erect. It looks really wrinkly when erect which raises more probems that you guys have answered :D i have applied moisteriser which seems to keep it moist but doesnt appear to fix the problem. I would love some advice. Thanks :) 

THIS IS NOT FUNNY! Menthol oil will cause pain and/or harm. DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE!

Coconut oil will help as a natural healer or a cream for thrush infections. Try the coconut oil first, it makes a good lub anyway :) Most big supermarkets have it in the oils section, get a good quality virgin one so you get all the benefits or Amazon have a large range. Hope this helps

I've had the same issue for the better part of 5 years and I'm 28.. it comes and it goes.. mainly in the seasons changes and colder months naturally.. only from the circumcision ring forward though... I'm pretty good about hiding it. But today was the first with a flake by my p hole.. startled me when I pulled it off.. I'll go to my doctor at the VA and ask him what a up with it and see if there are any new discoveries

Sounds like a yeast infection which can be cleared up using an antifungal cream like monistat (even though it is marketed for women, it works for guys). You could also have a sensitivity to a soap or laundry detergent you are using. Try a penis health cream with vitamin E to help with the itching and dryness.

Honestly my son has this problem and I haven't taken him to the doctor but I gave him some neosporin and he applied it for 2 to 3 days and it went away but it came back a month or two later but it was a quick fix. And Didn't leave scaring. good luck