I've read everyone's comments on the IUD and UTI, bladder, and/or kidney infections. I have had the same problems going on for 3 months now. I got an IUD in September of 2009. I never had an urinary tract infection, kidney, or bladder infection prior to getting my IUD. Now I've had all three in 3 months and it's still continuing without so much as a week break inbetween antibiotics. I want to thank you for all your posts. I called my OB and the nurse seems to think there is no connection to the IUD. I am so thankful I found this post because the proof shows otherwise. I now feel there is hope to cure this recurring problem. I will be getting this IUD taken out and will never have another. THANK YOU!

Oh my goodness. I am living the exact same thing and did not know what was wrong with me. I never had problems with bladder infections. And all the doctors say is don't forget to urinate after sex...which I always do. It's crazy! I can't wait to get the copper IUD removed! And then I'll just get my tubes tied. End of story. I am so thankful for this thread! Thanks Ladies! :)