Hello! I have inserted IUD last month and, after some time, I have discovered that I have kidney infection. So, I am afraid that my IUD caused this kidney infection. I hope that you will give me answer on this because it is very important to me. I am thanking you in advance on your prompt reply.

Hello! You should not be worried about your intra uterine device. It is not cause of your kidney infection. I guarantee you this. Kidney infection needs time. So, I think that you have, probably for some time, some other infection or, maybe, kidney stone. I know that I did not say much, but I hope that it is helpful for you.

Since you are suffering from the kidney infection it is possible that you had UTI and since you haven’t treated you got kidney infection as a consequence of it.

Anyhow, you need to see your doctor as soon as possible because you need to start with treatment therapy which is usually including antibiotics, and you need prescribed medications such as Bactrim.

You can also try to fight urinary tract issues and kidney issues with herbal teas and cranberry products. Cranberry is very beneficial for your body in many ways and it is even said that cranberry juice can prevent kidney infections and kidney stones. I hope that you will recover soon and take care of yourself.  

I really think its wrong to say it takes time to develope a kidney infection . it is a medical fact that it can happen in a very short period like overnight not all kidney infections start out as a uti. It can just start in the kidney itself .And a uti can turn into a kidney infection in just a days time. I know this for a fact because it keeps happing to me and i get this great information from my doctors. I am very chronic and if i knew all these ladys got infections after never having them as soon as the mirena was put in i wouldnt have put my life in jeopardy. Ive had it for three weeks and diagnosed with a severe kidney infection due to rhe side effect watery stools from very horrible mirena period. I got severly dehydrated . i take care of myself i have uro.nephr. and a nurritionalst so after being infection free Seven months the er says the mirena is to blame

I have an iud. Over the past two months I have suffered from a severe kidney infection. Is kidney infections common with iuds? Should I have the iud removed if symptoms persist?