I'm 18 years old and have a plastic IUD (I'm allergic to most metals so the copper one was out of the question, and I have outstanding health conditions that do not allow me to take the pill or an injection). I have never had a child. I've had the IUD for about a month and a half, and it would seem that my period has stopped. I am in a relationship, I suppose you could call it an intimate one, we had sex once, a week before I left for Austria (which is where I am living now). I am confident that I am not pregnant, but it is in the back of my mind since my boyfriend had a slight panic attack a couple of days ago. I have been sick for the past few days, with what appears to be a stomach virus, but he is convinced that I'm pregnant, going so far as to research signs of pregnancy and quizzing me on them. When we had sex, we did not use a condom, but at the risk of sounding immature and cliched, we didn't do it for very long, and he did not ejaculate inside me. It has been about two and a half weeks since we had sex, and I don't know if I should be concerned that I haven't had my period yet (I usually get it from the end of one month into the beginning of the next one). Any relief here?

Wow. You have an interesting life on your hands.

If you want you can search on the internet for an ARHP Birth control tool, which will explain to you both the pros and cons of having an IUD, and all the risks which you will probably already know. Since you've never had children, they say that you are more likely to experience a highly rare case of the IUD slipping from it's placement. Since the IUD is plastic it might be releasing a slight hormone very similar to the ones used in birthcontrol, which may disturb your monthly cycle.

Since you have been traveling and might have been in alot of stress due to your boyfriends recent attack, that can also make your period be late. Sometimes our bodies are weird, and our periods are just late for some unexplainable reason or just never come. Once it's been a week you can take a preg. test, if anything to ease your boyfriend's mind, and yours.

If he didn't ejaculate inside you then you practiced withdraw too, which is 76% - 96% effective by itself.

hope this helps,

~Frisky