Users comments and reviews on article Pain in urethra: Causes & Risk factors by DannyElle

Could Astro Glide be an irritant to the urethra?

Astro Glide absolutely can be an irritatnt to the urethra, although it is not very likely. I suspect that if you do experience irritation then you are allergic to one of the ingredients, probably glycol or something like that. Does that help?

I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY OCT. 13TH,2009. SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD 3 UTI'S AND WITH TREATMENT END UP WITH SIGNS OF YEAST INFECTION. I CURRENTLY DO NOT SHOW ON A TEST THAT I HAVE AN INFECTION BUT AM CONTINUING TO HAVE A TERRIBLE DISCHARGE JUST FROM URETHRA AND PAIN AND IRRITATION DURING URINATION AND NOT. NOT TO BE GRAPHIC BUT ITS JUST ON THAT ONE AREA AND LOOKS LIKE IT IS BLOCKED AND FEELS LIKE I HAVE SOMETHING BLOCKING IT. MY DR IS AT A POINT HE IS SENDING ME TO A UROLOGIST. THIS IS A VERY EMBARRASSING AND UNCOMFORTABLE PROBLEM. IS THERE SOMETHING I AM MISSING OR DR MAY BE MISSING. ALL MY CULTURES HAVE BEEN SENT OFF AND NOTHING EXTREME IS SHOWING UP. I AM MARRIED AND STILL CAN NOT HAVE SEX, MAKE SURE I FOLLOW ALL RULES OF CLEANLINESS. HELP. I AM FED UP

GUEST: I have this similar pain! only i have not had a hysterectomy. I have had 11 urinary tract infections in the 14 months, after every infection and a course of antibiotics i have this pain which feels like there is something blocked but then releases and it hurts almost burns. I have been tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea numerous times and both negative. In the last 6 months i have not had an actual urinary tract infection only this terrible pain that i have EVERYDAY, it happens when i wake up in the morning i feel this discomfort and it almost feels like there is a chemical in my urethra and its causing all this pain and irritation and i have to QUICKLY sit on the toilet before this pain starts to get unbearable. I also take great care in my feminine hygiene, after sex i go to the toilet, and cease if its uncomfortable. I shower daily and do not use any products to clean my self down there. Doctors have done different tests with no results, numerous urinary tract infection tests have come back negative, and all my levels are good (protein a bit high), ultrasounds to make sure i am emptying my bladder fully which i am, ultrasounds for stones etc. It just seems like there is not an answer. I want to be tested to make sure this isnt cancerous or anything servere. I feel like my urethra has been damaged from having so many previous infections but doctors told me that it is not that. I have booked to see a urologist and this is my last hope. I have seen countless doctors, had different courses of antibiotics, been tested for the same thing over and over again. Could it be cystitis? I usually have pain in my back sortof on my right where i think my kidneys are :S..? I have pains all in my stomach and bladder if you push gently, not sure if this is normal but you cant push anywhere on my abdomen it hurts.
About 9 months ago while i had a very bad urinary tract infection my partner noticed i had a bruise on my back, it was only faint but there was a bruise where my kidney is. I still dont know what that was?
The stress suffering with something like this is extreme you have to sit down for about an hour for the discomfort to stop, try have showers to make the discomfort go away and run water over genitalia, nothing helps. I drink plenty of water and eat well and excercise enough. This is starting to take a very bad toll on my daily life such as going to the shops, being sexually active or experimental with my partner, exercising, working, getting ready in the morning due to the discomfort when i wake up. I need answers, if anyone has heard of what could cause this or if you have suffered, please reply as i hate living in the dark.

I had the same kind of pain. Check your iron level, you could be a anemic. I started taking iron supplement and a vitamin C tablet everyday and my pain and urgency(pressure) is gone. At one point I didn't know what to do. Try It!!

I had the same situation as the person who posted that did not have the hysterectomy. I would also have just pure blood coming out when I would urinate sometimes. I would take AZO like candy. Docs always gave me anitbiotics even though I would come back neg for infection. Went to a urologist. Had surgery to remove polyps and strictures in my bladder. Helped for years! I am now starting to get symptoms again but what a relief for so long!

I had a complete hysterectomy. Since then I have has pain which has been treated as cystitis and vaginal dryness. nothing has worked. I think it is the urethra. What is wrong with me?

urethra is prodruding. very painfull. feels as if walking with sharp object inside. can it be fixed?

every so often I get pain in my urethra. i have also been tested over and over again with no results. it's strange. feels like an infection but usually ends up going away within an hour or so. i have no answer and hope to one day get rid of this irritation.

I have exactly the same issues - I've been in and out of the doctor's for over a year now trying to figure out what is going on. I have pain in my urethra almost 100% of the time, but the triggers are shady - sometimes it is after I exercise, sometimes it is after intercourse, but most times it is completely random. It isn't a UTI, and I've been checked for interstitial cystitis and it isn't that either. They are thinking that it is urethral syndrome - ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed - that is a really good article if people are needing more information.

Hopefully we all figure this out soon! It is a big life changer, you aren't alone.

I have problem with urinary tract infection (UTI) – in the area urethra (may be more specific: prostatic urethra/ membranous urethra).
Symptoms: I feel pain during or after urination and normal condition in those areas.
Three doctors of urologist in Bangladesh observed my condition and gave medicine . After taking medicine sometimes I feel good but after few days it’s repeated. I am feeling this frequent infections and Long term tolerance in my sense. Please give me a good advice.
Notes: BD doctors gave me number of tests. One of them gave me: Pyridium-200 mg & Napsod-550 mg medicine set by which I was good for few days them again repeated.

pain in penis