I've been addicted to coedine for around a year and am really struggling to come off the dreaded pills. They are so easy to buy all chemists sell neurofen plus and are more than willing to sell them no questions asked . Since I've started taking coedine I'm not the same person Im only young and don't want to so anything I did before I started taking the pills I'm in a zombie state when I first take the pills and when the effects wear off I crave more and end up taking more ive tried cold turkey and ended up in a&e with chest pains and other anxiety related syptoms  I've tried weaning off the pills by reducing them however always seem to find an excuse which justifies me taking more . I am just wondering if there is anyone on this site who are in the same boat and if so has anyone got any tips to get off these awful pills

Hi Indierose! Great that you are trying to stop it and asking for tips. Tapering off a drug can be one of the most difficult things you can go through. But there are fortunately lots of people trained to help exactly people like you, who wants to stop, who have already tried in their own to do it and it didn't work. the most important step to succeed you did already: realize that something is not good and wanting to stop it. i tell you, unfortunately so many people don't this first most important step. from now own it will be easier for you, talk to your GP, and ask for a addiction specialist to tell you how to do it. They are really good.

Thank you for your advice it really helped I'm going to my go tommorow
Let's just hope I'm off these awful pills son x

Gp I mean

Im on coedine for 25 years.Been taking 15 betapyn tabs daily. I'm destroying myself and hallucinated when I stopped it for 7 days. Do I need a rehab where I'm being watched. Please advise