i am 20 years old i habe found out that im 11 week pregnant. my husband and i have been tring four years to have a baby but not luck. so i excepted the fact that i was not going to have a baby.so i started taking oxycotton. at first i was taking it for fun but than 2 years later i cant seem to stop i have really bad withdraws with out it and i want to stop for my baby i dont know what to do. i dont want anyone to take my baby i love my baby i feel selfish. i just need some help.

You need to stop taking the oxycotton, if you want this baby as much as you say you do and you dont want anyone to take it away then stop doing what your doing. Even though you have really bad withdraws, if you have help and support from the people who love you and care about you then you will get through and in the end you will have a healthy baby. :-D

What is best for you to do is to see a doctor about this. Quitting an addiction during pregnancy can put you and the baby at risk--and I know that with for example methadone addicts that they suggest that you actually not quit for fear of harming the infant. Now what you should do is be honest with your doctor. They will not judge you for it, but they will help you. Please keep us posted.

I by no means recommend using while pregnant however I did it. I was taking anywhere from 20 to 40 norcos a day throughout my entire pregnancy. I'm by no means saying this is safe nor am I saying I was anything but plain stupid. It's a huge risk but I did just as you are doing and searched the net for any form of hope that I could but no luck. All sites said nothing except that I was going to have an addicted baby. Long story short I spent my entire 9 months worrying and for NOTHING! She was born crying, apgars were a 10, though she was a little fussy at birth she took her first bottle and has been just as sweet as could be ever since. She has never shown any effects from my usage and is right on track with milestones. I hope everything goes ok with you and you have a healthy baby no matter what you chose in the end.

You're only 20? Why would you have been trying since you were 16? You're limiting your life so much by being pregnant at such a young age. And its not about you anymore. You have to get off of the pills. Life isn't one big high. And now you owe that kid a good life. And as for that woman who took pills through her whole pregnancy, she's lucky. And she should be thankful because she could have killed her baby or caused it to have a life dealing with retardations in every aspect of its life.

I also had this problem, I was a heavy narcotics user for over five years. It is an awful, horrible disease. Thankfully I discovered suboxone. Unfortunately, since you are pregnant, suboxone will not be safe for you. However, since you are still relatively early your doctor might be able to prescribe subutex. (generic name busphenephorine) It is less harmful (way less) and is easier to ween off of then strait narcotics. The doctor would put you on a level dosage to deal with the withdrawal and then month by month he or she would step you down until you were entirely off (usually before third trimester depending on your case). In some cases I've heard of mothers being done in a month.

The biggest thing is to TELL YOUR DOCTOR. No matter what the embarrassment. I know from experience that it is often more difficult to admit openly you have a problem then to internalize the problem and try to deal with it yourself. You need to get over your fears very quick. The longer you use while pregnant the more larger the odds are your child will end up with some very severe problems later on. Who needs to play that lottery?

You should use this time to celebrate the life growing inside of you. He or she will change your life...and if getting off of drugs is only the first of these changes, then it is a very good thing indeed.

The best of luck to you.

Btw - (I posted the previous message) here is a very good article about opioiod dependency and pregnancy options. It gives you both the pros and cons of all choices for dependency/addiction during pregnancy.

Here is the link: http://hubpages.com/hub/Pregnant-or-Breastfeeding-Buprenorphine-Suboxone--Subutex-or-Methadone---Safe-for-Baby-and-Mom