Hi everyone! I'm new here, but honestly wish I didn't have to be :- I'm a 45 year old mother who gave birth 6.5 years ago to a wonderful son and a not so wonderful bunch of hemorrhoids. I've been suffering with them since, with the terrible bleeding, etc, until I thought do I really want to have to deal with these things for the rest of my life?So, I made an appt with my GP and, well, I always knew they were bad (cauliflower and grape style externals with a few internals to boot), but she said that they were the worst she has ever seen in her years of practicing (lucky me) and recommended surgery for them. That was back in April..so, I researched and researched and found this site. I've been reading accounts of the surgery and how bad it is, but I made an appointment and went and had it done on 6/28/13. What a terrible day! I know down the line I will be happy that I had it done, but right now I'm in so much pain I could die. Still no bowel movement after drinking tons of water, taking metamucil, stool softeners, MOM, eating raw vegetables, soups, yogurts, etc..just practically anything to keep me soft. I am petrified. I never would have thought a surgery like this could be so debilitating. Does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations on how to have that first bm? Would glycerine suppositories work? Or, what about just lubricating prep h suppositories? Any help is gladly appreciated! Kathy

Oh, forgot to mention that I had a scalpel hemorroidectomy for grade 4 hemorrhoids .

Thought I'd say that I had my first EXPLOSIVE movement in the tub (probably the lowest point in my life so far) it hurt, but the relief exceeded it and now I'm not as nervous anymore. But, I'd still very much appreciate any tips on how to keep things moving comfortably. Thanks so much!